Slave axis acting strange and trouble with new 4th axis

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Slave axis acting strange and trouble with new 4th axis

Postby Mark Kraus » Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:37 pm

I really need to resolve the issue I have with my router running with uccnc. I had it running good using the A as the slave for the gantry. I then tried to install a fourth axis using B or 5 The stepper on the rotary is running a keling 8070d and the step and direction are from the c78 using an ethernet cord and cut on the the 8070d side using the green and orange wires set on 1 and 17 on port 1. when the ethernet cable is plugged in the motor moves by itself wildly. The green light on the c76 goes out when this happens and the other axis stop moving if I am jogging then at the same time. I have servos on the other axis. The other very strange thing is that because I plan on using the 4th axis alot and most programs like fusion 360 specify A as the rotary I switched the A from being the slave to being the Rotary. I then made B or 5 into the slave but it does not work. Here is the strange part. With the software showing that b is selected for the Y slave and the ethernet cable connected to the A port on the C78 it works!!! I am at my wits end. I am using 1.2113 uccnc. I unplugged the vfd and no difference. At one point I tapped on the pulse screw on the driver with 5 volts and the stepper moved. I have an oscilloscope to do testing.
Mark Kraus

Re: Slave axis acting strange and trouble with new 4th axis

Postby ger21 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:28 pm

Send this to Arturo at CNC4PC.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Re: Slave axis acting strange and trouble with new 4th axis

Postby Mark Kraus » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:40 am

So I did send it to Arturo at CNC 4PC and he said that my profile was corrupted..
Before I fix the profile I installed a new C76 board and that fixed some of the issues.
I've been completely uninstalled and redid my profile copying some of the promoters by taking screenshots.
I only have one issue left and that is on the rotary axis I can only go in the counter clockwise direction the motor only turns in the counter clockwise direction if I switch pins or if I go to active low it's still only spends in 1 direction it doesn't spin at all when I go a positive or a negative depending on the active higher low the DRO works I've tried Another ethernet cable and I tried another drivtry another driver the KL8070D. It works perfectly in the counterclockwise direction does not move at all in the clockwise direction no matter what I do.
I am using the green and Orange wires on a cat 6 cable plugged into the a access on the C78 board pins 1 and 17
Mark Kraus

Return to Ask a question from support here