Easy question -UCCNC and EstlCam Arc handling

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Easy question -UCCNC and EstlCam Arc handling

Postby 1JUMPER10 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:34 pm

Experimenting a little with my settings in EstlCam and I'm using the very latest version of UCCNC. When running a program I noticed UCCNC was using I and J movement commands. Between G02/G03 and I/J commands, I dont really understand the difference except I think that one breaks arcs up into tiny little straight line segments whereas the other moves in arcs. Wouldnt the I-J commands result in smother machine operation and smaller G code files? Anyway I attached a pic of the setup CNC controller set up screen in EstlCam showing the check box's. Which settings should I check?

I've experimented with this setting before but as I recall UCCNC didnt interpret one setting correctly so I've been running it with I /J box checked. Anyway, how does UCCNC handle arc commands and since it now seems I can use either setting, which is best?
Attachments
EstlCam setup.PNG
1JUMPER10

Re: Easy question -UCCNC and EstlCam Arc handling

Postby ger21 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:22 pm

All arcs are arcs, unless the CAM software is breaking them up. The only difference is how the center of the arc is specified.

Not sure what they mean by "I/J are relative"? I and J are eiother absolute, or incremental coordinates. If by "relative", they mean incremental, then you should check the box, as UCCNC uses Incremental IJ mode.

So you probably want to check both boxes, I think.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Return to Ask a question from support here