not loading profile etc.

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

not loading profile etc.

Postby Ollie78 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:02 pm

Hi everyone

I have made a little progress but run into a bit of confusion. ( see post here for previous issues viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1807 )

So today I have set up soft limits ( currently no limit switches set up, it`s on the list).
The soft limits and calibration are set up nicely so I decided to copy the profile from default to a new one. I cpied the default profile and renamed the copy to Ollie 1. However when I restarted the software it loaded default profile again.
I tried editing the shortcut target path to C:\UCCNC\UCCNC.exe / p Ollie 1 but this didn`t seem to work, it still starts in default. Any ideas ?

The second issue is that I am trying to set up the tool length sensor to work. I have the crocodile clip and aluminium block type. It definitely works in the diagnostic screen pin led goes out and probe led goes on when contacted.
First it asked me to home the machine first so I did that ( by jogging with HB04 pendant). Then it refused to do it because it said file:/Profiles/Macro_Ollie 1\ M31.txt could not read (then I can`t read the rest as it goes off the page).
So in the file manager in the uccnc profiles file it shows macro_Default but there is no Macro_Ollie 1. How do I create this file so I can set up M31 ?. Probably will use cncnutz macro.

Thanks

Ollie
Ollie78

Re: not loading profile etc.

Postby cncdrive » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:55 pm

Hi Ollie,

Don't leave a space character between the / and the p, It should be /p and not / p
If you copied the profile file then you should also make a macro folder and copy the macros there, because all profiles have their own macro folder and their own macros.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Ollie78 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:05 pm

Brilliant
Thanks cncdrive.

I have got the tool height macro to work by copying the default Macro_default and renaming it to Macro_Ollie 1. Works well.

The shortcut I removed the space before the p as you suggest now it says Screen file not found!

Ollie
Ollie78

Postby cncdrive » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:11 pm

Open the profile file and check the screensetfile name there, the screenset file name must be wrong if the software does not find it.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Ollie78 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:36 pm

Thanks cncdrive

I will check the screensetfile name matches what is in the shortcut. Will report back the results.

Ollie
Ollie78

Postby dezsoe » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:06 pm

If you have a space in the profile name then in the shortcut you have to write it a pair of quote marks. E.g.:

Code: Select all
C:\UCCNC\UCCNC.exe /p "Ollie 1"
dezsoe

Postby Ollie78 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:18 pm

Thanks guys

I used the quote marks and its loading fine now.

Ollie
Ollie78

Return to Ask a question from support here