Jog Panel Popup blank!

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Jog Panel Popup blank!

Postby RhemaG » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:40 pm

Another issue that is occurring in both the 2017 Screenset and the UCCNC Default screenset is that the Jog Panel Popup window is just a blank window. This issue began a couple of months ago when I added a second monitor to the system. Due to the nature of the motherboard graphics card I had to add a second graphics card in order to run the dual monitor setup. Any ideas of whether or not there is an Active X or some other conflict that could be causing this issue? That's the only part of the Flashscreen function that seems to be having an issue. As a result I can't jog from the screen but have to use the pendant to do so.

Thanks for any help that be offered in this issue.
RhemaG

Re: Jog Panel Popup blank!

Postby ger21 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:16 am

Sounds like maybe a Windows issue? Never heard of anyone else having this issue.
Are you using the on board video for one monitor, and the card for the other?

If so, you might want to disable the onboard video and run both monitors from the one card, if possible.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby RhemaG » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:33 am

Yes, onboard for the older monitor and a card for the newer. Even though the MoBo has connections that would allow both I wasn't able to use both on it. Tried to set it up in the BIOS to do so to no avail. One is a 2004 Sceptre 20" LCD and the other is a new 22" Scepter LCD. The older one only offers VGA or DVMI connections and the newer one is DVMI or HDMI. Tried running both of the card too and that didn't work either. Probably is a Win 7 or BIOS setup that I'm missing somewhere. Curious however that the only thing affected is the Jog Panel Popup. :?
RhemaG

Postby cncdrive » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:01 am

Probably the computer does not have enough video memory to create the second OpenGL control's context, because the jogpanel is a second OpenGL control which requires a second OpenGL context to be created.
If the video card has a shared video memory (VRAM) then check if you can adjust it's value to higher in the BIOS.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby RhemaG » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:33 pm

cncdrive wrote:Probably the computer does not have enough video memory to create the second OpenGL control's context, because the jogpanel is a second OpenGL control which requires a second OpenGL context to be created.
If the video card has a shared video memory (VRAM) then check if you can adjust it's value to higher in the BIOS.

Now why didn't I think of that? I'll check and see. I do have 16 Gb of DRAM but totally spaced checking the VRAM. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it and report back. Really looking forward to getting the UCR201 issue solved when that is figured out as well. ;)
RhemaG

Postby RhemaG » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:18 am

OK, finally got around to setting the VRAM, and my present MoBo and add-on GPU allow me to force a max of 2 Gb each of VRAM (that's up from the 1 Gb each that was the default) . I also have 16 Gb of DDR3 RAM. Still just a blank gray screen when I open the on screen Jog Panel. It's bizarre because the popup Jog Panel worked fine till a couple of months ago. The computer is a new build (less than a year old).

Here are my system specs below;

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model GA-F2A68HM-H
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD A6-7400K Radeon R5, 6 Compute Cores 2C+4G, 3493 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. FC, 1/19/2016
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 12.7 GB
Available Physical Memory 10.1 GB
Total Virtual Memory 25.4 GB
Available Virtual Memory 21.8 GB
Onboard GPU AMD Radeon R5 Graphics (VRAM 2.147 Gb)
PCIe GPU Nvidia GEFORCE GT 740 (VRAM 2.147 Gb)
RhemaG

Postby cncdrive » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:32 am

Also try to reinstall the graphics card drivers. The up to date one, search it on the manufacturer's website, download and install it on the computer.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:39 am

And I'd run both monitors from the Radeon card, and disable the onboard graphics.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby RhemaG » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:35 pm

Yes, I had already had already updated the GPU drivers before my latest post last night and still the same issue. Have been unable to get the onboard gpu or the addon gpu to run both monitors using the combination of a vga and hdmi cable. Also tried the add on with a dvmi-hdmi combination, as well as dvmi-vga, and still could not get both to work on one card. Theoretically either gpu should be able to run two monitors and on my other systems (which I also built) I'm doing just that. Hmmm, guess I'll piddle around with it more this weekend sometime.

And thanks again gents for the help. I DO appreciate your time and assistance.
RhemaG

Re: Jog Panel Popup blank! (SOLVED!)

Postby RhemaG » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:54 pm

OK, I couldn't focus in the shop today until at least I got this issue fixed and I did! I disconnected everything set the PC on the tablesaw and sawed it in two! 8-)

(JUST KIDDING!!!) :lol:

No, I didn't saw it in two, but I did open it up, removed the PCIe GPU, then reset the BIOS. Presto, dual monitors on the onboard Radeon GPU and OpenGL issue resolved. Jog Panel now working normally.

Now I can excitedly await the fix for the UCR201! :ugeek:
RhemaG

Next

Return to Ask a question from support here