UCCNC M10 Laser not turning off on M10 Q0 Command

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: UCCNC M10 Laser not turning off on M10 Q0 Command

Postby mayhem2408 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:08 am

3d0g wrote:Here's my run of Pulse Width Test 254DPI UCCNC F78.7401.txt

It's only approx 5mm x 5mm so detail is hard to pick out but it generally looks right. I'm running 1.2049.

It is very small. My Laser Lens can focus down even further that 254DPI. For high detailed photos, I run at 339DPI to 483DPI or about 13 pixels per mm to 19 pixels per mm. CO2 lasers just can't get this small and i'm yet to see any of the cheap china diode lasers focus this small either.

This is a 35mm engraving or about 1 3/8".
Line spacing is 13.333mm per line or 339DPI. Pixel spacing on the line is 19 pixels per mm or 483DPI. This was does using a GRBL controller.
GRBL 0.05mm GS.jpg

I will be testing my UC100 on V1.2106 tomorrow to see how it goes.
mayhem2408
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:06 am

Re: UCCNC M10 Laser not turning off on M10 Q0 Command

Postby mayhem2408 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:13 am

3d0g wrote:I'm running a 100W CO2 laser and throttled power back as far as I could yet still get it to trigger. My beam width at the focal point is .33mm - over 3x the size of the movements in this test file...

CO2 lasers are great for power, but not for dot size. My 4.5W diode laser has a focal dot size of 0.07mm and the driver provides very good linear control of the power.
mayhem2408
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:06 am

Re: UCCNC M10 Laser not turning off on M10 Q0 Command

Postby mayhem2408 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:20 am

cncdrive wrote:We have just ran a test using your code with UCCNC version 1.2106 with UC100. Feedrate was F2000.
Please see the test results picture in attachment.
The laser module we used has some focus issues which we did not have time to fix now, but it can be seen that there is no shift and no missing lines.

Today I setup V1.2106 and on first startup it upgraded the firmware on my UC100. I then ran the Pulse width test again and got massively improved results.
20181025_160126s.jpg

So I tried a larger version of the same test, but the smaller dots didn't go so well.
20181025_165425s.jpg


I then tried my test picture again and it failed terribly.
20181025_161525s.jpg
Attachments
TestFile UCCNC 0.1mm M11.txt
(995.92 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Pulse Width Test (Larger) 0.1mm UCCNC GRID OmniDir.txt
(22.33 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
mayhem2408
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:06 am

Re: UCCNC M10 Laser not turning off on M10 Q0 Command

Postby 3d0g » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:06 pm

mayhem2408 wrote:CO2 lasers are great for power, but not for dot size. My 4.5W diode laser has a focal dot size of 0.07mm and the driver provides very good linear control of the power.


Yup, but it serves my needs well. I can readily cut up to 1/2" stock yet still have reasonable engrave accuracy.

Image
3d0g
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:52 am

Re: UCCNC M10 Laser not turning off on M10 Q0 Command

Postby 6of1 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:11 pm

I also ran your Gcode “Pulse width test 254DPI UCCNC F78.7401.txt
Came out I think identical to 3d0g. Running 1.2049
I’m having an issue with another program (it also generates gcode for the laser) and figured I would try your test file. Hope it helps you.
Attachments
D8A8D57F-BE0C-47F5-A24C-38639537C887.jpeg
6of1
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:32 pm

Re: UCCNC M10 Laser not turning off on M10 Q0 Command

Postby robertk925 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:08 am

mayhem2408 wrote:
3d0g wrote:I'm running a 100W CO2 laser and throttled power back as far as I could yet still get it to trigger. My beam width at the focal point is .33mm - over 3x the size of the movements in this test file...

CO2 lasers are great for power, but not for dot size. My 4.5W diode laser has a focal dot size of 0.07mm and the driver provides very good linear control of the power.


Can you tell me which diode laser your are using? Everything I have seen on the market has a spot size much larger than 0.07mm, so I am very interested in buying a diode laser if it can reach this small of a spot size. J Tech Photonics specifies a spot size of .011" to .014" (.28mm to .36mm) for their diodes, which is much worse than my CO2 laser.

My CO2 laser has a kerf of 0.10 mm with a 2" lens, and I assume smaller with a 1.5" lens (but I haven't tried it), but I would love to use a diode laser for etching projects. Thanks!
robertk925
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Re: UCCNC M10 Laser not turning off on M10 Q0 Command

Postby 6of1 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:56 pm

Mayhem, could you upload your GCode (the one with the dog) in inch? I don't know what you are using for settings. 80ipm feed & laser point size 0.05 is what I have been using with the plugin. The plugin seems to work alright, a 45 & 135 deg option would help with burn quality.
6of1
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:32 pm

Re: UCCNC M10 Laser not turning off on M10 Q0 Command

Postby mayhem2408 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:10 am

6of1 wrote:Mayhem, could you upload your GCode (the one with the dog) in inch? I don't know what you are using for settings. 80ipm feed & laser point size 0.05 is what I have been using with the plugin. The plugin seems to work alright, a 45 & 135 deg option would help with burn quality.

Here is the inches version in both greyscape and dithered at 254DPI.
Attachments
testfile-254dpi-gs.txt
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
testfile-254dpi-dith.txt
(685.34 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
mayhem2408
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:06 am

Re: UCCNC M10 Laser not turning off on M10 Q0 Command

Postby mayhem2408 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:48 am

robertk925 wrote:
mayhem2408 wrote:
3d0g wrote:I'm running a 100W CO2 laser and throttled power back as far as I could yet still get it to trigger. My beam width at the focal point is .33mm - over 3x the size of the movements in this test file...

CO2 lasers are great for power, but not for dot size. My 4.5W diode laser has a focal dot size of 0.07mm and the driver provides very good linear control of the power.


Can you tell me which diode laser your are using? Everything I have seen on the market has a spot size much larger than 0.07mm, so I am very interested in buying a diode laser if it can reach this small of a spot size. J Tech Photonics specifies a spot size of .011" to .014" (.28mm to .36mm) for their diodes, which is much worse than my CO2 laser.

My CO2 laser has a kerf of 0.10 mm with a 2" lens, and I assume smaller with a 1.5" lens (but I haven't tried it), but I would love to use a diode laser for etching projects. Thanks!

I am running a Nichia 3.5W diode with active cooling and thermal protection, over driven to 2.5A giving 4.5W output. Temperature stays cool and has been running for 1000's of hours of the past 2 years. The lens is a non focusable 3 piece lens with a focal lenth of 15mm and cost more than the laser diode itself. I will track down the supplier but I know it was an Australian supplier I got the lens from.
mayhem2408
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:06 am

Re: UCCNC M10 Laser not turning off on M10 Q0 Command

Postby robertk925 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:23 am

Thanks!
robertk925
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Previous

Return to Ask a question from support here

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests