Unexpected motion during a macro.

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Unexpected motion during a macro.

Postby Derek » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:58 pm

Never seen this before and I have run this macro hundreds of times. It's a macro that runs the B axis for my power drawbar. I execute it with a physical button as the input. I fired up the machine and the first thing I did was to change the tool. I pushed the button and the B axis started turning and then the X axis started doing a rapid move in the same direction. Both the macro and the X axis stopped when I pushed the stop button. Without doing anything else I pushed the tool change button again and it worked as expected. I have done probably 20 tool changes since then without a problem.

The only difference was I probably executed the macro a little sooner after starting UCCNC that I normally do. Not looking for a solution just wanted to pass it along.

Thanks
Derek
Derek

Re: Unexpected motion during a macro.

Postby cncdrive » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:18 pm

It would be helpful to have the macro and profile file and then we will try to reproduce it.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Derek » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:46 pm

Sorry for the delay on this but I was super busy. I'm attaching the .pro and 2 macros. M20001 is the macro that I was running when I got the unexpected X axis movement.

I had a new problem this morning.
M970 is a macro for finding the center of something in the rotary. The motion is move Y+ a programed distance, drop dow a set distance, probe Y- record point, move in Z to clearance plane, return to Y start position and repeat in the Y-. I've been running this macro for a couple years. I ran it yesterday probably 10 times. Ran it this morning and when it lifted the Z and was supposed to return to Y start it just blew right past it. I hit the stop button before it hit the limits. Ran it 3 more times and it did exactly the same thing. Shut down UCCNC. Restarted and ran the macro. Performed exactly as it should and did so throughout the day probably 5 more times.

UCCNC is version V1.2045.

Thanks
Derek
Attachments
M970.txt
A axis probing for center
(1.77 KiB) Downloaded 781 times
M20001.txt
tool release macro
(697 Bytes) Downloaded 806 times
BportHDBB.pro
(31.9 KiB) Downloaded 763 times
Derek

Postby Derek » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:19 am

Bumping this thread. I added macros and a .pro and wanted to make sure you saw them.

Thanks
Derek
Derek

Postby cncdrive » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:24 pm

Hi Derek,

Sorry but I missed to see this yet.

Dezsoe, if you reading this, please check Derek's macros and verify if you find any problematic looking code parts.
Also please test the codes.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby dezsoe » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:49 am

Hi Derek and Balázs,

I'll test it today and come back with results.
dezsoe

Postby dezsoe » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:26 am

Hi Derek,

Which version of UCCNC do you use?
dezsoe

Postby Derek » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:06 am

UCCNC is version V1.2045.

I've seen unexpected motion like I described with the M970 before. Over many versions. It's a rare occurrence and it is always the same axis that the macro is commanding. The issue with M20000 where the B axis is moving as it should but the X axis moved is something I've never seen.
Derek

Postby dezsoe » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:14 pm

Hi Derek,

I think I'm over the 100th run, and didn't have any problem with your code. I think it depends on some special constellation of stars... (I don't say I don't beleive what you wrote, just couldn't reproduce. I also have a jog issue, which happens cca. two times a year, so I could never reproduce it, but sometimes happens.)
dezsoe

Postby Derek » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:07 am

dezsoe wrote:Hi Derek,

I think I'm over the 100th run, and didn't have any problem with your code. I think it depends on some special constellation of stars... (I don't say I don't beleive what you wrote, just couldn't reproduce. I also have a jog issue, which happens cca. two times a year, so I could never reproduce it, but sometimes happens.)

Better try 101 times. That may work :)

These things are terrible to solve. I have run the M20001 hundreds of times and never had an issue. I have seen unexpected movement on probing macros before but it's pretty rare. One thing I will say is that when it glitches it stays glitched until you restart UCCNC. And it behaves the exact wrong way each time. This is a definite problem and macro related. I don't have to restart the computer just UCCNC.

Is there any log info I can save when it does?
Derek

Next

Return to Report a bug