Start up problem

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Start up problem

Postby markcadcam » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:05 pm

When I start UCCNC it goes into demo mode. When I start it for the second time is works fine. I just updated my software from 1.2039 to 1.2046. I have a UC300-USB controller. When I power off the controller it takes two tries again to start the software.
markcadcam

Re: Start up problem

Postby cncdrive » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:55 pm

It works fine here, I've just tested version 1.2046 with a UC300-5LPT USB controller and I see no problem.
Maybe you running the software while it is already opened in another instance and then ofcourse it can only run in demo mode when it is already connected.
Or you closing the software and restarting before the previous instance could close.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby markcadcam » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:00 pm

Nope. I can reboot up the computer and it will still do it.
markcadcam

Postby Robertspark » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:03 pm

Are you giving the PC ample time following start or plugging in the UC300 to detect the device?

If you fire up UCCNC too soon following a start (or restart) it will not have had time to detect the device and will require a restart, especially with USB. Ethernet is a little different as the device normally will be detected during boot earlier in my experience.

you can have a look in device manager just to check that the UC300USB is being detected or give you an idea of how long its taken to be detected if you try this when the machine boots:
https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/a- ... n-windows/
Robertspark

Postby markcadcam » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:08 pm

It worked perfectly fine with 1.2039. Just started doing this when I upgraded to 1.2046
markcadcam

Postby markcadcam » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:14 pm

Here is my Profile
Bridgeport.pro
(31.11 KiB) Downloaded 767 times
markcadcam

Postby spumco » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:41 am

Not to totally hijack this thread, but I may have a related issue.

Mine isn't going in to demo mode, but it's not saving all the configuration variables properly. Just started happening with 1.2046. I'm following the suggestion to wait a bit after the 400ETH is powered up before loading UCCNC>

My profile loads and the steps per unit, velocity, ect. all load properly. However, other functions such as X/Y/Z/A axis enable checkbox appear empty.

Partial list of settings that don't save properly:
ALL checkboxes on ALL screens are empty - includes Kernel frequency
2017 Screenset "Park Position" values are "0"
2017 Screenset Auto Tool Zero values are "0"
All jog settings have reverted to default units
Tool change position is all "0" and doesn't save.

No matter what I do (hit enter key, 'Apply', 'Save Settings') whenever UCCNC is shut down and re-started, all the settings above are cleared out. I've created another test profile and the problem happens with that one as well.

Oddly enough, all four axis move and it will execute G-code properly as far as I can tell, even if the checkboxes are empty. Motion is appropriate, just machined a few things and hit the size within 0.001" or so. Clearly no issue with the 400-ETH.

Anyone have an idea what's going on?
-Spumco
spumco

Postby spumco » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:16 am

The plot thickens...

Loaded 1.2045 and it did the same thing.

However, I disabled the VistaCNC pendant plugin and everything loaded properly. So - I'll move over to the plugins forum and we'll see if anyone can help there.

-Spumco
spumco

Postby cncdrive » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:58 pm

I've downloaded the VistaCNC pendant plugin to test what it is exactly doing to see what the problem could be, but it seems it does nothing when pendant is not connected (which is OK though) and I don't have that pendant, so I can't debug what is exactly happening. :(

You wrote that the Saving of some keys are not working, but did you really check if it is the saving?
I mean did you check if the appropriate keys are really not in the profile file when these values do not read?
Or maybe the problem is not with the saving, but with the loading part.
It would be interesting to verify if the keys are there and to check their values after closing the UCCNC and before running it again when the things do not show up.

However knowing that could only help to narrow down the issue to the loading or the saving part, but I still cannot test this any further, because I don't have that pendant unfortunately.

And without the pendant I verified that the things you mentioned save and load OK with the 2017 screenset.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:29 pm

The checkboxes in the 2017 screenset are not really checkboxes, but are two state buttons.
When the 2017 screenset loads, the state of the actual checkboxes (on a hidden screen)is read, and the 2017 "checkboxes" are updated to match. This is done in the constructor macro. So, perhaps the Vista plugin is somehow interfering wioth the Constructor macro?
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Next

Return to Report a bug