Running off course

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Running off course

Postby Rad » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi, i'm a new user of uccnc and still fairly new the cnc world. I have encountered an issue that may not be a bug, but could be an error on my part.

I have been trying to adjust cv settings while having a file open, when i apply & save my settings and go to run the file at about halfway through running the file the drawing goes completely yellow and the machine runs totally off course not following the path, cutting accross the workpiece (i run plasma) and basically spoiling the job.

I notice this only happens while i have a file open, if i close then reopen the file before i test my cv settings it cuts fine...it seems

Whats happening here? I am running a laptop with the uc100 and using sheetcam. Thanks in advance
DIY Plasma Table
Powermax 45XP
MiniTHC
Rad

Re: Running off course

Postby cncdrive » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:58 pm

Hi, I need more information about this in order to know what the problem exactly is.
What I need are:

1.) Your profile file.
2.) An example g-code file with which you can reproduce the issue.
3.) Please also tell me how to exactly reproduce the issue step by step. Like for example: I open the file, Cycle start at line 0, stop it on line 10 with Cycle stop and then I change ABC etc. settings to value XYZ, then I Apply settings and then I Cycle start again and then at line Y the machine goes off the path and it can be seen on the toolpath view.
So, I need a complete description about how exactly to reproduce this issue.

I also would like to know what completely yellow path means? I mean there is no yellow color set for the path view by default, the path is blue and red and green, but ofcourse you could change one or more of the colors to yellow, but I don't know what yellow color means in your setup, however getting your profile file could show this to me...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Rad » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:48 pm

Thanks, i would try to post the file when i get home to my pc. I tried posting a video but it was too large, so attached some screenshots of the video, it shows how it starts off normal but then (almost immediately) jumps to almost the end of the cut while leaving the torch on, and then ends the cut normal.

It randomly does this meaning somtimes the job run normal and then sometimes anywhere along the cut path it goes crazy
Attachments
Screenshot_20170915-132947.png
Ends normal
Screenshot_20170915-132919.png
Deviate from path
Screenshot_20170915-132137.png
Starts normal
DIY Plasma Table
Powermax 45XP
MiniTHC
Rad

Postby Rad » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:38 pm

Here's a short clip video compressed
Attachments

[ Play Quicktime file ] InShot_20170915_143458206.mp4 [ 1.93 MiB | Viewed 16486 times ]

DIY Plasma Table
Powermax 45XP
MiniTHC
Rad

Postby cncdrive » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:53 pm

OK, I see, thanks for the informations. And this issue happens when/after you change the CV parameters, Apply settings and then run the code?
It would be really helpful if you could post this g-code file and your profile file and also tell me an example of how you changed the CV parameters or if any changes do this issue?
I mean I have tried to reproduce the issue already with random g-code files and random CV changes, but could not reproduce the issue yet, so it could help if I could test with your g-code, with your settings and with similar changes that you did, then hopefully I could reproduce and then debug the problem.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:01 am

It's also a question that what version of the UCCNC you running?
I'm asking this, because I looked back the bug fix list today and there was a bug which did the exact same thing as you described in this thread, I think Gerry reported it a few months ago and it was fixed in version 1.2038.
So, if you using version 1.2037 or earlier than it should be the same bug which was already fixed in later versions.
The issue was that the Save settings applied slow (was slow especially on slow hard drive access speed computers and if antivirus software was looking into the file while saving) and there was no protection to not allow other button presses while the software was still saving stuff and it caused the issue, because the saving and functions calling of the settings was still going on when the g-code could be started to run in the same time.
The fix was that a label was added to the screen which shows up while the settings are saved and also a protection against button presses was added while saving was going on.
Also the save settings routine was totally changed, we made it much faster in later versions, converted the save by line to create the file in memory and then flush all in once to file, so it became fast even if the antivirus software looked into the file and even if the computer had a slow disk access.

So, please verify which version you using and possibly download the latest test release if you using an earlier one and let me know if you can still reproduce the issue with that?

Here are the test release downloads: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=240&start=40
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Rad » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:32 pm

Thanks for the explaining the problem.

Yes, i was using version 120375 (this version is listed on the UCCNC product page), I have now installed the latest version and tried to reproduce the problem but can't, so far so good. Much thanks!
DIY Plasma Table
Powermax 45XP
MiniTHC
Rad

Postby Rad » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:18 pm

^ typo that should've been 1.2037
DIY Plasma Table
Powermax 45XP
MiniTHC
Rad

Return to Report a bug