Random stops

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Re: Random stops

Postby mphel » Mon May 15, 2017 1:05 pm

This may or may not help, I've just installed 2037 from scratch on a pc at work, default profile, with no settings changed. Whilst running only in demo mode and trying several different controllers there were no errors at all. I could not reproduce it once..
Mark
mphel

Postby cncdrive » Mon May 15, 2017 1:40 pm

Mark, I'm not sure I understand ... is that a different PC than what you could reproduce the issue on before?
Or it is the same PC and you saying you can reproduce the issue with your profile but not with the default?
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby mphel » Mon May 15, 2017 2:07 pm

Different pc completely, fresh install. And also using my .pro file.
Mark
mphel

Postby cncdrive » Mon May 15, 2017 2:18 pm

OK, then I think it is no new information, because we already see that the issue is somehow computer dependent,
because all the computers we have here we can't reproduce this issue on any of them.
So far what computers we know about that producing the issue is Gerry's computer and yours.
Therefor it is sure that it is PC dependent and because we can't reproduce it here at all is why we need you guys' help.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby mphel » Mon May 15, 2017 2:45 pm

I'll try fresh install on my workshop pc, without any plugins, tonight
Mark
mphel

Postby mphel » Mon May 15, 2017 5:23 pm

I think it's something to do with the time taken to save settings, If I press cycle start within about 15 seconds of save settings then I get the error, If I wait longer the file runs correctly..
Mark
mphel

Postby cncdrive » Mon May 15, 2017 6:08 pm

Thanks Mark for this info.
Gerry, could you please also test this, I mean that after Save settings wait a minute or so and only after do the cycle start and let me know if you can still reproduce it this way?
If not then I will check the Save settings code, because maybe the downloading process is somehow not finishing and somehow you can Cycle start while it is still ongoing, if Gerry confirms that he also can't reproduce it if he waits about a minute after the Apply or Save then I will check this through and I will then also make an exe for you guys which will add a statusmessage or show a messagebox when the Save routine finishes, so you can see how much time it takes and also we will see if this is the problem.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby mphel » Mon May 15, 2017 7:11 pm

This short video shows the time between save settings "down" and "up" states after being clicked, much more obvious using the default screen set. I'm using Gerrys 2017 screen so the different button type doesn't show this as clearly..

https://goo.gl/photos/i1q7i1c95yVbqVMu5
Mark
mphel

Postby Dan911 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:47 pm

Yes, there is a slight delay when save button is clicked, I pressed Cycle Start before save was complete and still couldn't reproduce this error.

Dan
Dan911

Postby ger21 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:06 pm

I changed my Save Settings button to a toggle button, and if I wait until the button changes state, then I can't reproduce the error. But if I don't wait, it will do it almost every time.
So it appears to be an issue with Cycle Start before the settings are saved?
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

PreviousNext

Return to Report a bug