laser engrave plugin

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

laser engrave plugin

Postby Battwell » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:09 pm

using the laser plugin i could hear slight "noise" being picked up by my servos- not a problem as i was working with a mess of wiring in the cabinet with nothing shielded etc.
however it continued the same after the stop button was pressed. ( confirmed m3 had shut off but the noise was still there)
noise disappeared once reset was pressed. could it be that the laser plugin was still generating pwm after stop button? using last development version 1.2011 . not latest version at the moment as i dont want to swap monitors and modify new screen set yet.
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Re: laser engrave plugin

Postby cncdrive » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:25 pm

The laser plugin is not generating PWM. What the laser plugin do is it calculates a data array and sends it to the UCCNC for execution. Then the UCCNC API executes that data array.
We did not make any changes in that part of the API, it' has been a few years since that code is untouched.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: laser engrave plugin

Postby Battwell » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:06 am

Ok . Very strange then.
It definitely happened twice while testing.
I will try to reproduce and video what I see/ hear if my phone will record the frequencies.
There is nothing else running in the cabinet to cause that noise. The vfd was powered down.
Stop button stopped motion and switched the laser off but the noise interference continued until reset was pressed.
Release from reset and silent. The laser active progress code in the Gcode display screen was cleared.
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Return to Report a bug