Estop problem with upgrade

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Estop problem with upgrade

Postby markcadcam » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:52 am

Yesterday morning I upgraded my software from 1.2046 to 1.2110. Now my Estop will only activate when the switch is closed, even if I change the setting 'Active low'. The setting 'Active low' makes no difference checked or unchecked. I moved the Estop to another pin and it does the same thing. I also moved the Estop to another breakout and got the same result. Was there a change made in version 1.2110 for the Estop to activate only when a switch is closed?

I'm using a UC300 (USB) controller with a 5LPT board and 2 CR10 breakout boards. The Diagnostics shows everything is working properly. The Diagnostics shows the change checking 'Active low' but the Estop triggers only when the switch is closed. This appears to be a bug.

Thanks
Mark
markcadcam

Re: Estop problem with upgrade

Postby markcadcam » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:00 pm

I’m not sure why I have not got any response yet especially from cncdrive? I literally ran a part and then upgraded the software from 1.2046 to 1.2110 and immediately got this problem. In the Diagnostics, it shows the Estop switching on and off as it should. But it always needs the Estop switch in the open position for the Estop to reset. I have checked everything over and of course it seems fine. I have no clue what happened. I have tried to go back to version 1.2046 but it will not run anymore. I assume because when I upgraded to 1.2110 it did a firmware upgraded that will not allow it to run the older version? At this point it seems like the only thing I can do is to order a normally open Estop switch. I can not keep running my mill with the Estop switch pushed in and then in an emergency twist the Estop switch to go into Estop.

Mark
markcadcam

Postby dezsoe » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:16 pm

Hello Mark,

You'll get answer sooner or later. Even developers have private life.

You can step back to the older version, you just have to delete the "UCCNC.exe.config" file. It is used by the newer versions (since 1.2102), but prevents the older versions from running.
dezsoe

Postby Derek » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:38 pm

I can't help your problem but when I was running test versions I would make a copy of the UCCNC folder before I upgraded. Any issues I would trash the upgraded folder, remove the word copy from the copied folder and boom I was right back up and running.

I no longer run test versions anymore so that solved that problem.
Derek

Postby markcadcam » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:43 pm

Dezsoe,
I removed the file like you said and everything works in the older version still. Looks like something is up with version 1.2110.

Mark
markcadcam

Postby dezsoe » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:08 pm

Fine! (You can also install more versions in different folders.)
dezsoe

Postby markcadcam » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:19 pm

Thanks, good to know. I went with the latest version trying to stay up to date on all the new features.
markcadcam

Postby Robertspark » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:13 am

there are two versions.

the stable release 1.2049
http://www.cncdrive.com/UCCNC.html

and the development release 1.2110
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=240

you have upgraded to the development release which yes may have all the latest features.... but a few bugs too.....

the advice is if you are in production environment or ahobby user who does not like bugs or any glitches .. use the stable release.

with the development release the reported bugs will be investigated, and if confirmed and can be replicated hopefully fixed for the next development release whenever that is.

so if you are happy to find the occasional issue, and wait for the fixes and don't mind a damaged job or so..... use the development release with all the trialled latest features... if it's about your livelyhood... use the stable release
Robertspark

Postby Derek » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:07 am

Of course it would be nice if the stable release was updated more than every year or two:)
Derek

Postby dezsoe » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:49 am

Every test release is written to be a stable version, but you guys always find some issue... :)
dezsoe

Next

Return to Report a bug