New install

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Re: New install

Postby Wrapidsign » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:04 pm

Thanks to all for your help its been very valuable.
I am currently using an old laptop that appears ok with the install and function.
I will try and get a PCI graphics card for the other machine just to prove it was that causing the issues.
As you know its an old bus type and not the easiest card to get hold of. They are all PCIe type.
Cheers
PeteM
Wrapidsign

Postby ger21 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:28 pm

There are probably plenty on Ebay for next to nothing.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby beefy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:53 am

ger21 wrote:There are probably plenty on Ebay for next to nothing.

Gerry,

the last few years, Ebay seems to have gone down the drain for finding older cheap products, at least PC products. I was always looking for old P4 computers and parts and up until a few years ago, could always seem to find them on Ebay.

Now, I have a difficult time finding the older parts, and often when I do, the asking price is silly. This problem was a large factor in me going to UCCNC. Of course now that I know UCCNC I wouldn't go back to Mach3 even if old computers were there for free :)

As it happens, tonight I've just installed 3 PCI-E graphics cards (one by one of course) in my PC to test them. Got them off Ebay and I was looking for PCI but could only find PCI-E.

Keith
beefy

Postby Wrapidsign » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:22 am

I totally agree. EBAY has its uses but decent old kit seems to be very rare. I tend to look on places like Gumtree but still difficult. I expect most of it goes to the rubbish tip. Real shame.
PeteM.
Wrapidsign

Previous

Return to Report a bug