UC100+Windows 10 - plugin defective

Forum for Discussing Mach3/4 related issues

UC100+Windows 10 - plugin defective

Postby NCPatrol » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:21 am

I'm in the process of migrating my Mach3 install from a worn out Win7 latop to a Nuc with Win10 on it. This setup worked fine for several years on the Win7 laptop.

Everything seemed to install correctly, but I'm getting the dreaded "plugin defective" error at startup and can't seem to find a working solution. (I can't seem to download the stand alone mach 3 plugin from the cncdrive page though)

I've tried several versions of the UC100 plugin.

I've tried the szentkereszty drivers - I had issues uninstalling and using the new driver - it would always say I already the most current version. Eventually I just uninstalled and then manually deleted the drivers from windows and then reinstalled using the szentkereszty drivers.

I've scoured the web looking for any other suggestions and haven't found anything that works yet.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I'm at a loss here.
NCPatrol

Re: UC100+Windows 10 - plugin defective

Postby NCPatrol » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:12 pm

I ended up figuring it out last night but my post hadn't been approved yet so I couldn't edit or respond.

Turned out I was missing part of .net or there was some version conflict. I thought I had verified it was the right version, but a fresh install cleared it up and everything is working now.
NCPatrol

Postby hartley942 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:29 am

Hello NCPatrol. I am fighting with the Plugin defective message after a new install of Mach3 and the UC100 motion controller plugins. Motion controller shows up in the Device manager, have installed, removed, reinstalled drivers from several UC100 sites as well as following the szentkereszty drivers install method. but continue to get the message. Per Trevor at New Fangled Solutions I downloaded the most current VC_redist.x64 (and) ndp48-web (.net package) My PC reports I have the most current version already installed and blocks the process.
What exactly did you find that worked? It seems that nothing ever goes smoothly. LOL. I certainly would appreciate any help.
hartley942

Postby hartley942 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:13 pm

I am new to this forum and a previous post may come in as well.
I have the same problem on new install of Mach3 and UC100 motion controller, both fresh downloads of most current versions on a refurbished compact desktop running Windows 10 Pro.
Per Trevor at New Fangled Solutions I have downloaded the most current VC-redist and NPD481.web files with no change.
Have followed all of the instructions per CNCdrive as well as the szentkereszty method. Tried to install other .net files but got blocked with message that my pc already had those files within the operating system. I was able to install the NPD4.8.1 successfully but still get the "Plugins defective message, but only on the UC100.
Which .net version worked for you?
hartley942

Postby hartley942 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:42 pm

Finally found the solution at CNC4PC. See Link https://cnc4pc.com/faq/article/i-am-get ... the-plugin
You have to go into Programs and Features in Windows and check the box for .net framework and check the box to activate the one that includes the 2.0. and install it. It may not already be selected even if installed on your pc. I would insert a screenshot but can't get it into this post.
hartley942

Return to Mach3/4 Discussions