Homing/Softlimit issue. Help please.

Forum for Discussing Mach3/4 related issues

Re: Homing/Softlimit issue. Help please.

Postby Delco » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:10 am

tenfrozentoes wrote:Okay. but right now running Mach3 on the AXBB-E is just shy of painful.

Running Mach3 on anything is shy of painful , maybe look at getting a update from mach3
Delco

Postby tenfrozentoes » Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:51 pm

When I purchased the AXBB-e and UCCNC that was the direction that I thought I was heading. I'm wanting to upgrade 3 machines. On the surface UCCNC looked like it'd be the likely answer- but since you have to actually buy the hardware, software, and retrofit your controller just to discover that the trajectory planner at the core of your new system doesn't even come close to producing the speed nor finish of the 'sub-par' hardware and software that you just upgraded away from- I'm a little disappointed having spent a considerable amount of time and $ with the mindset that if UCCNC wasn't the right fit- I could easily just revert back to Mach3 temporarily with the new hardware (ie AXBB-e) but now can't get Mach3 to operate properly either because of hardware/firmware issues....

I'm still open to someone 'showing me the light' with UCCNC but I haven't been able to achieve neither speed nor good surface finish with it. I've asked the 'community' and I have/am asking the company for help- all I keep getting is the 'Mach3 is bad' rhetoric. But simply put it's providing me the surface finish that I've come to expect as (what I thought was...) pretty much basically vanilla at this point- and it does that at good speed.
tenfrozentoes

Postby cncdrive » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:49 pm

I already expained you the working of the trajectory planner and the UCCNC users manual also expains it.

Mach3 has bugs, so I would try to install a different Mach3 version.
Also you could post your Mach3 profile file to let us check the issue.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Mach3/4 Discussions