Mach3 outputs

Forum for Discussing Mach3/4 related issues

Mach3 outputs

Postby krsykes23 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:14 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to UCCNC and have just purchased an AXBB-e with a licence for UCCNC, although I will be running Mach3.

I have configured UCCNC and although not yet finished, I have a spindle relay, and two other output relays configured and working correctly. These relays are
on a simple solid-state board and I have them connected to Outputs 17, 16 and 15 respectively. They all work correctly in UCCNC.

However, when I start Mach3 these relays are all enabled (on). I've tried so many different settings but cannot figure out why.

Also, whilst UCCNC works fine, in the Diagnostics page, the red LEDs for these three relays are ON and when I turn on the outputs (m3, M7 and M8), the LED's go off.
Why is this?

The reason for using Mach3 as opposed to UCCNC is that I have spent many hours designing my own screenset, which I'd prefer to keep. I did try editing a copy of a
UCCNC screenset, but couldn't figure out how to change it to a large portrait touchscreen setting.

If anyone can guide me with this, I'd be very grateful, although configuring the relay settings in Mach3 is the important part for now.

Hope someone can help.
krsykes23

Re: Mach3 outputs

Postby Dazp1976 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:43 pm

krsykes23 wrote:Hi all,

I'm new to UCCNC and have just purchased an AXBB-e with a licence for UCCNC, although I will be running Mach3.

I have configured UCCNC and although not yet finished, I have a spindle relay, and two other output relays configured and working correctly. These relays are
on a simple solid-state board and I have them connected to Outputs 17, 16 and 15 respectively. They all work correctly in UCCNC.

However, when I start Mach3 these relays are all enabled (on). I've tried so many different settings but cannot figure out why.

Also, whilst UCCNC works fine, in the Diagnostics page, the red LEDs for these three relays are ON and when I turn on the outputs (m3, M7 and M8), the LED's go off.
Why is this?

The reason for using Mach3 as opposed to UCCNC is that I have spent many hours designing my own screenset, which I'd prefer to keep. I did try editing a copy of a
UCCNC screenset, but couldn't figure out how to change it to a large portrait touchscreen setting.

If anyone can guide me with this, I'd be very grateful, although configuring the relay settings in Mach3 is the important part for now.

Hope someone can help.

Have you tried swapping active state low to high (or vice versa).
That usually reverses the outputs on/off action.
Dazp1976

Postby ger21 » Sun May 01, 2022 5:42 am

I think the outputs in Mach3 default to the opposite of UCCNC.
I believe this was because Mach3 was designed to be used with a parallel port, and UCCNC with their motion controllers.
Can you switch terminals on the relays to NO or NC?
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby krsykes23 » Sun May 01, 2022 8:44 am

Hi guys. I tried setting active hi/low but that doesn't work. The only work around is to do what you suggested (Ger21) and that is to use the NC contacts on the relays.

I guess I should persevere with the screen edit in UCCNC to match my Mach3 screenset. I'll post a separate topic in Custom Screensets, as I need a bit of assistance with that.

I'll get there eventually, hopefully with help from you guys on the forum.
krsykes23

Postby Dazp1976 » Sun May 01, 2022 9:54 am

krsykes23 wrote:Hi guys. I tried setting active hi/low but that doesn't work. The only work around is to do what you suggested (Ger21) and that is to use the NC contacts on the relays.

I guess I should persevere with the screen edit in UCCNC to match my Mach3 screenset. I'll post a separate topic in Custom Screensets, as I need a bit of assistance with that.

I'll get there eventually, hopefully with help from you guys on the forum.

I had problems on pport with bob on-board relays before when using mach3.
I had the "on at bootup" state. My work around was the e-stop until software was "in control".

Now. Upon gradually getting familiar with uccnc, I'm hoping I won't be needing to go back to Mach for any reason.
Dazp1976

Return to Mach3/4 Discussions