AXBB-E mach 3 setup

Forum for Discussing Mach3/4 related issues

AXBB-E mach 3 setup

Postby gills » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:49 pm

Hey guys, I just finished setting up port and pin locations for the motor step & direction and inputs, but what would the step & direction and port number be for your spindle?? On my previous generic usb controller board, my kernel speed was 100 khz what should the correct kernel speed be for the AXBB-E be??

Thanks
Gills
gills

Re: AXBB-E mach 3 setup

Postby ger21 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:30 am

but what would the step & direction and port number be for your spindle??

That would depend on how you wired it, and what pins you wired it to.

Kernel speed should be set as high as you need it to get the speed you want. But don't exceed what your drives are capable of. If it worked at 100Khz before, then keep it at 100Khz.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby gills » Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:52 pm

I am using 32 bit dsp digital 556 size drivers that show a max of 200khz. Wired per UCCNC drawings. What is the port and pin location for the spindle?
Attachments
ports and pins spindle.PNG
gills

Postby ger21 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:38 pm

My guess is that you don't need to enter port and pin numbers for the spindle, if you are using analog speed control.
If you are using an output for a relay to start/stop the spindle, assign that pin to output 1, and assign output 1 to M3 (CW)
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Dazp1976 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:28 pm

gills wrote:I am using 32 bit dsp digital 556 size drivers that show a max of 200khz. Wired per UCCNC drawings. What is the port and pin location for the spindle?

For relay control m3/m4 then it's whatever you put it on.
Leave step/dir blank on motors page, enable it only,. Go to outputs, set 2 outputs as m3/m4 using relay pin no's and a blank (unless have 2 relays), set those 2 outputs #'s to m3/m4 on spindle page. Lo/hi will flick on/off.

If using analogue output for the voltage you may need to configure the actual PLUGIN to set AO1 as pwm. Leave step blank still and just select pwm on spin page.

If using a pwm pin via pwm/ana converter use this pin as step.

Might be worth reading through some of the literature for the UC300eth. It is effectively the same controller in the axbb-e.
Dazp1976

Postby gills » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:08 am

ger21 wrote:My guess is that you don't need to enter port and pin numbers for the spindle, if you are using analog speed control.
If you are using an output for a relay to start/stop the spindle, assign that pin to output 1, and assign output 1 to M3 (CW)

Correct I am wanting to control thru Mach 3. I have wired forward thru output 1, please see my settings attached. Also see my wiring diagram. So m I good to leave my settings as they are or do I need to make a change?

Thank you
Attachments
AXBBE VFD WIRING DIAGRAM .png
output settings.PNG
spindle setup.PNG
gills

Postby gills » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:13 am

Dazp1976 wrote:
gills wrote:I am using 32 bit dsp digital 556 size drivers that show a max of 200khz. Wired per UCCNC drawings. What is the port and pin location for the spindle?

For relay control m3/m4 then it's whatever you put it on.
Leave step/dir blank on motors page, enable it only,. Go to outputs, set 2 outputs as m3/m4 using relay pin no's and a blank (unless have 2 relays), set those 2 outputs #'s to m3/m4 on spindle page. Lo/hi will flick on/off.

If using analogue output for the voltage you may need to configure the actual PLUGIN to set AO1 as pwm. Leave step blank still and just select pwm on spin page.

If using a pwm pin via pwm/ana converter use this pin as step.

Might be worth reading through some of the literature for the UC300eth. It is effectively the same controller in the axbb-e.

I didn't know how close they were. I will definately read the it. Please see my wiring diagram in the post above. I do have a wire going to A01 per UCCNC recomendations. where is the 10v selector switch that some have suggested to change on the controller board?
gills

Postby Dazp1976 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:34 am

gills wrote:
ger21 wrote:My guess is that you don't need to enter port and pin numbers for the spindle, if you are using analog speed control.

Correct I am wanting to control thru Mach 3. I have wired forward thru output 1, please see my settings attached. Also see my wiring diagram. So m I good to leave my settings as they are or do I need to make a change?

Thank you

It looks wrong. The 10v connection is the worry.
A01 usually goes to AVI on vfd (analog in). Check vfd manual for the correct input, it could be the AI one
5V0 goes to ACM (analog common).
The 10v is just a voltage output to deliver power to a potentiometer for manual 3 wire pot control.

I hope having the 10v vfd out going to the 5V0 hasn't damaged the axbb-e.

Inside the case of AXBB-E is a jumper. Open the case to switch between 5v and 10v out. Should be 0-10v range as standard though.

Please post your vfd's pdf manual.
Dazp1976

Postby Dazp1976 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:42 am

^^^ To add to previous post:
http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/13016-He ... ller/page3

Look at the below link. Has diagram for a hy vfd.
Look at 10v, vi, acm. You'll see a resistor type deal connected to them. This is a pot.
10V is to power it, this gets regulated by dial and send via wiper to VI. Next you have the GND 3rd wire goes to ACM.

The WIPER is what you replace with the 0-10v output.
The 3rd wire GND is replaced by the 0-10v GND.
The controller supplies a regulated voltage so power is not needed to 10v.
The power supply input to the controller itself is technically the equivalent of replacing the 10v power.
That's how it works.

https://planet-cnc.com/controlling-spin ... put-board/
Dazp1976

Postby gills » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:52 pm

Dazp1976 wrote:
gills wrote:

Thank you

It looks wrong. The 10v connection is the worry.
A01 usually goes to AVI on vfd (analog in). Check vfd manual for the correct input, it could be the AI one
5V0 goes to ACM (analog common).
The 10v is just a voltage output to deliver power to a potentiometer for manual 3 wire pot control.

I hope having the 10v vfd out going to the 5V0 hasn't damaged the axbb-e.

Inside the case of AXBB-E is a jumper. Open the case to switch between 5v and 10v out. Should be 0-10v range as standard though.

Please post your vfd's pdf manual.

I have the booklet, but I don't have a pdf version of my 110v manual. Here is the pdf link to the 220v model. All the function terminologies and PD codes are the same, the voltage is the only difference. Again I am controlling the vfd thru Mach 3. see the manual link here. https://bulkman3d.com/wp-content/upload ... ual.pdf.To add more response to your questions, I haven't turned anything on yet. I am trying to verify all of my Mach 3 setup first. My testing will go as follows: motor movement, small test program run, input tests, switches, e-stop, output test via Mach 3 M3 thru M8 commands, verified on multimeter, last will be the vfd.
gills

Next

Return to Mach3/4 Discussions