No motor movement after set up

Forum for Discussing Mach3/4 related issues

Re: No motor movement after set up

Postby Robertspark » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:46 am

ger21 wrote:
First off, 100% certain than my UC100 isn’t a fake. I bought it from the Amazon shop of CNC4PC and paid £90.00 for it. I have installed a demo of UCCNC but as yet not had any joy with it but had limited time yesterday evening so I am guessing it requires some further setting up. Also installed the UCCNC drivers for my UC100 which I downloaded from CNC4PC’s website. Strange thing is when all fired up the blue LED doesn’t stay on like it does with Mach3, it just flashes once and goes off???

UCCNC will not work without a license.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Robertspark wrote:Chris,

UCCNC can be installed in demo mode only.
UCCNC is locked to the hardware via the serial number, you buy a licence file which is locked to the hardware serial number on the device.

UCCNC stable release is here: https://cncdrive.com/UCCNC.html
UCCNC test releases are here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=240#p18850

If you are using UCCNC to make money and need a stable non glitch version use the stable release.
If you like using the latest and don't mind the occasional bug (I've not found many (I can't remember any I found) in my time of using them) use the test release

Note it may be a little slow to get the software key as I think Hungary are still on lockdown / movement restrictions and it requires human intervention for them to be emailed to you so give cncDrive a little time to reply with the key if you do buy one.

Mach3 should run fine in demo and should be good enough to test your machine in the short term. A lot of people have made some great things for a long time with Mach3 and some are stalwarts .... just don't waste $175 USD in the long run when there is a 55 Euro piece of software that is designed for your motion controller.
Robertspark

Postby Chris1968 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:51 am

Rob, you are a star. I will try these settings this evening and report back. Cheers buddy.

Chris
Chris1968

Postby Chris1968 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:32 pm

Tried the settings you suggested Rob but no joy. :(

With those settings I get this.

With the E stop pressed in I am unable to reset Mach3 (normal I assume) and the hand wheels on the steppers are free to turn by hand.

With the E stop released I am able to reset Mach3 but once done you hear a click and the hand wheels lock up. Hit the E stop and you hear a click and the hand wheels are released?????

Do Newfangled Solutions make club hammers?

Sorry buddy...................
Chris1968

Postby Robertspark » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:52 pm

have you tried inverting the status of pin 14 (the enable pin)?

Note when you change settings and save you have to restart Mach3 for those settings to be used.

try to set up PIN 1 as an enable pin too..... it may work (ENABLE 2) and flip its status too.

Not mach3 problem.... lack of manual on the bob problem....
Robertspark

Postby Chris1968 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:40 pm

Rob, yes buddy, I am hitting apply when making changes then closing and restarting Mach3 whenever I do this.

Sorry buddy but when you say invert the status of pin 14, you'll have to excuse me but in my state of utter newbieness I don't understand what you mean.

Much the same for flip status. On one major learning curve I am afraid Rob.
Chris1968

Postby Chris1968 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:51 am

Well theres a surprise!

Out of pure frustration last night I trawled through my Ebay purchase history and found my CNC purchase from 2018. I managed to send a message to the seller asking if they had a copy of the manual for my machine and to my surprise they delivered overnight! Plus some other goodies including what appears to be a cracked copy of Mach3 (that I wont be using!)

Hopefully this may shed some light on the issue.
Attachments
CNCusermanual.pdf
(1.72 MiB) Downloaded 583 times
CNC USB English Manual.pdf
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 626 times
Screenshot 1.png
Chris1968

Postby tau » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:42 am

HI Chris,

sorry for jumping in between the discussion here:

Is your mentioned controller the same as can be seen on pg 3 of the CNC USB English Manual?!

If so then this is far from being a genuine UC100 controller.

Also the pictures of the software shown in the same PDF seems to be the original PlanetCNC USB Controller Software (i used to have an original controller/software from them) that some chinese manufacturers just copied and use it with their rip-off controllers.

I am just putting this up so are not mislead why your combo may not work properly. If i'm wrong just ignore my post.
tau

Postby Chris1968 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:00 am

Hi Tau,

Pretty sure my UC100 is genuine as I bought it from here.

https://www.cnc4pc.com/uc100-usb-motion-controller.html

I hope so anyway!

Cheers, Chris
Chris1968

Postby Robertspark » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:17 am

It WILL be genuine from cnc4pc

Chris where in the world are you?

Is the uc100 plugin installed and enabled in mach3?

Driver and manual here
http://cncdrive.com/UC100.html
Robertspark

Postby Chris1968 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:04 am

Robertspark wrote:It WILL be genuine from cnc4pc

Chris where in the world are you?

Leighton Buzzard, about 35 miles N of London. Miles from you Rob.

Robertspark wrote:Is the uc100 plugin installed and enabled in mach3?

To the best of my knowledge I have installed all the necessary drivers. From their list ive installed drivers 2, 3 and 5 (5 out of desperation as I didnt think it was required.)

As for enabling the UC100 in Mach3, the only mention of a UC100 is when I run Mach3 and it asks if I am using a port or a motion controller such as a UC100 (img attached). Obviously I check the UC100 option. Unless there is somewhere else that I am supposed to enable the UC100 which I havent seen Rob???
Attachments
UC100.png
Chris1968

PreviousNext

Return to Mach3/4 Discussions