Wizard Plugin

Discuss the creation and usage of Wizards

Re: Wizard Plugin

Postby Dan911 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:59 pm

Was just reading a post in "Feature Request" and Dezsoe created a clever Macro(viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1183).. using UCCNC newsiest test versions with .Net4 and couldn't be used with other versions!

I also overlooked this... this Wizard Quick Cam version can be used in all UCCNC versions.

Wizards47.zip
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:38 pm

Dan911 wrote:Hello All, I want to apologize to all who PM'ed me for testing and I didn't reply. I wasn't happy with work flow when using and continually found bugs and was limited to what I was trying to achieve when using so thought it useless to send/post with bugs and limitations I already knew was there...list got long. hoping others who may find use can help. Added many new feature such as adding to any Gcode file and using multiple wizards to same file. I added help files to most wizards but not complete yet, not that steep of a learning curve to figure out.

Menu.JPG

Rectangle Create.JPG

Circle.JPG

CircularHP.JPG

RHP.JPG

CPP.JPG

Once 100% convinced plugin is generating safe Gcode I will post in Tool or Plugin section in forum. Be aware downloading here is for testing purpose's only.

Thanks for your help,
Dan

Some problems were found in the "Cut or Pocket Rectangle Wizard". Some variables didn't reset after generating code and will regenerate same code after delete last input was used...Fixed

Updated some of the help files in Wizards.

QuickCam Wizards V4 was compliled with .Net2 and could be used with new and old versions.

QuickCamWizardsV4.zip
Dan911

Postby markcadcam » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:23 pm

Dan911

Very nice work. This is perfect for one off type of parts. I will use it often. Thank you.
markcadcam

Postby Dan911 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:12 am

markcadcam wrote:Dan911

Very nice work. This is perfect for one off type of parts. I will use it often. Thank you.

Thank you Mark I appreciate your feedback! If you find any issues/bugs please let me know.

Thanks,
Dan
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Mon May 28, 2018 2:23 pm

I found this plugin very useful and been using quite often, each time I use I find a bug or something to tweak and been fixing as I went along. Unfortunately I haven't made a list but biggest that come to mind are.

1. In wizard "create part or path" absolute mode didn't work. (I mainly use incremental)...fixed
2. On slower comps sometimes may get and exemption when trying to access a file that was still be written. Created a check function...fixed
3. I removed the ability to call main menu with macro. It was causing a [STAThread] exemption I couldn't resolve. I like the way interface works and not going to change it.

Any problems I was notified about was fixed. I tried to update the help files since without a manual plugin can be useless.

QuickCamV5.zip
Dan911

Postby cncdrive » Mon May 28, 2018 3:41 pm

Thanks for the update Dan.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Vmax549 » Mon May 28, 2018 4:10 pm

HIYA Dan, I loaded up teh latest plugin to take a peak. It does not work here. I load teh plugin and teh main screen comes up. I select start a new file and nothing happens. I do get teh message about starting a new file but then nothing happens.

Any ideas ?? Am I doing something wrong ?

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Dan911 » Mon May 28, 2018 4:39 pm

Vmax549 wrote:HIYA Dan, I loaded up teh latest plugin to take a peak. It does not work here. I load teh plugin and teh main screen comes up. I select start a new file and nothing happens. I do get teh message about starting a new file but then nothing happens.

(;-) TP

Hey Terry,

When you press start on main menu it just clears temp file and puts a header in your Gcode display. To create any code you need to choose a wizard of the 5 to left of start button.
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Mon May 28, 2018 7:57 pm

Vmax549 wrote:HIYA Dan, I loaded up teh latest plugin to take a peak. It does not work here. I load teh plugin and teh main screen comes up. I select start a new file and nothing happens. I do get teh message about starting a new file but then nothing happens.

(;-) TP

Yes Terry thanks, there is a problem. The moronic thing I did was created a function to wait while(loading) reading/writing a file and was checking before file/folder was created and causing UCCNC to become non responsive. :oops:

All my testing file and folder was already created so all looked good and I missed it. To top it I posted a Gcode Unit Converter plugin on the zone this morning with same overlook/error.

At least there easy fixes and will do tonight, right now have a backyard full of company for a BBQ and my wife getting pissed me going back and forth to office. It was driving me nuts at first.

Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend!

Dan
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:33 am

Dan911 wrote:I found this plugin very useful and been using quite often, each time I use I find a bug or something to tweak and been fixing as I went along. Unfortunately I haven't made a list but biggest that come to mind are.

1. In wizard "create part or path" absolute mode didn't work. (I mainly use incremental)...fixed
2. On slower comps sometimes may get and exemption when trying to access a file that was still be written. Created a check function...fixed
3. I removed the ability to call main menu with macro. It was causing a [STAThread] exemption I couldn't resolve. I like the way interface works and not going to change it.

Any problems I was notified about was fixed. I tried to update the help files since without a manual plugin can be useless.

The attachment QuickCamV5.zip is no longer available

Sorry for the short lived V5, thanks to Terry caught in time before any downloads.

QuickCamV6.zip
(117.94 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Dan911

PreviousNext

Return to Conversational Wizards