Wizard Plugin

Discuss the creation and usage of Wizards

Re: Wizard Plugin

Postby Dan911 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:18 am

Yes, that isn't Wizard V1, in V1 I combined Cut and Pocket a Circle to one wizard. If you go to first page of this thread you will see I uploaded a newer version. Even though I think I still used the same method
in test method I emailed out. I would appreciate if you download the newer version to see if it still happens and needs to be fixed.

Once again I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Dan
Dan911

Postby dezsoe » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:43 am

OMG! I downloaded when you posted, but did not replace... Congratulations, dezsoe! :oops: Of course, it works fine. Sorry...
dezsoe

Postby Dan911 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:16 pm

dezsoe wrote:OMG! I downloaded when you posted, but did not replace... Congratulations, dezsoe! :oops: Of course, it works fine. Sorry...

Thanks Dezsoe! Was just happy to read Wizard V1 working well then checked email from a buddy who found a bug/problem in Create a Square or Rectangle Wizard :shock: . Will be posting Wizard V2 shortly with problem found and fixed.

Thanks again,
Dan
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:32 pm

Hello All,
I was notified of bugs/errors in Wizard V1, all in the Create Square Rectangle Cut/Pocket Wizard. Sorry but fairly confident most are fixed now, at least any serious issues. What was fixed can be read below.

1. When Folder was created it wasn't always in the UCCNC folder...............Fixed
2. Clockwise cut or Pocket wasn't working in Square/Rectangle................Fixed
3. Overlooked variable caused square or rectangle size to double..............Fixed
4. Due to above problem caused issues with pocketing.........................Fixed
5. Tool compensation didn't update................................................Fixed
6.Wouldn't call this a bug but if clipped corner or radius corner value was larger than width or length you got some unexpected results....Fixed

WizardsV2.zip
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

I finished up another "Wizard Rectangle/Square Hole Pattern" and will be testing the next few days, so if anyone wants to help in testing please PM me email. I also configured Wizard V3 that can be called via MDI, or you can configure a hotkey besides just creating a button. I also added a help button with instructions to help get you started.

Rectangle.JPG

Rectangle2.JPG
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:06 am

Hello All, I want to apologize to all who PM'ed me for testing and I didn't reply. I wasn't happy with work flow when using and continually found bugs and was limited to what I was trying to achieve when using so thought it useless to send/post with bugs and limitations I already knew was there...list got long. hoping others who may find use can help. Added many new feature such as adding to any Gcode file and using multiple wizards to same file. I added help files to most wizards but not complete yet, not that steep of a learning curve to figure out.

Menu.JPG

Rectangle Create.JPG

Circle.JPG

CircularHP.JPG

RHP.JPG

CPP.JPG

Once 100% convinced plugin is generating safe Gcode I will post in Tool or Plugin section in forum. Be aware downloading here is for testing purpose's only.

Thanks for your help,
Dan
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:09 am

Hit my maximum attachment limit in previous post.

Here you go. To use you need to create a button with screen edit and give it a button # 6333. You can also set it up with macro using MDI or hotkey.

WizardsV1.3.zip

Thanks again.
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:59 pm

Was just reading a post in "Feature Request" and Dezsoe created a clever Macro(viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1183).. using UCCNC newsiest test versions with .Net4 and couldn't be used with other versions!

I also overlooked this... this Wizard Quick Cam version can be used in all UCCNC versions.

Wizards47.zip
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:38 pm

Dan911 wrote:Hello All, I want to apologize to all who PM'ed me for testing and I didn't reply. I wasn't happy with work flow when using and continually found bugs and was limited to what I was trying to achieve when using so thought it useless to send/post with bugs and limitations I already knew was there...list got long. hoping others who may find use can help. Added many new feature such as adding to any Gcode file and using multiple wizards to same file. I added help files to most wizards but not complete yet, not that steep of a learning curve to figure out.

Menu.JPG

Rectangle Create.JPG

Circle.JPG

CircularHP.JPG

RHP.JPG

CPP.JPG

Once 100% convinced plugin is generating safe Gcode I will post in Tool or Plugin section in forum. Be aware downloading here is for testing purpose's only.

Thanks for your help,
Dan

Some problems were found in the "Cut or Pocket Rectangle Wizard". Some variables didn't reset after generating code and will regenerate same code after delete last input was used...Fixed

Updated some of the help files in Wizards.

QuickCam Wizards V4 was compliled with .Net2 and could be used with new and old versions.

QuickCamWizardsV4.zip
Dan911

Postby markcadcam » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:23 pm

Dan911

Very nice work. This is perfect for one off type of parts. I will use it often. Thank you.
markcadcam

PreviousNext

Return to Conversational Wizards