Conversational Wizards

Discuss the creation and usage of Wizards

Re: Conversational Wizards

Postby dezsoe » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:23 pm

Thank you, now it works.

(Some hours ago I read the new posts on this thread and got inspired. :) Some pieces of the puzzle got connected in my head and I started to build a "framework", something like the Mach wizards. I don't know where will I get with it, but now I have some ideas to try. I don't promise anything, but I will keep that... :))
dezsoe

Postby Dan911 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:04 pm

That looks great Terry, do you plan on sharing? If so going to delete what I just started working on in my VS project folder...LOL

I sure it will work better once the canned cycles are fixed in UCCNC.
Dan911

Postby andrewbishop66 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:16 pm

Hi Terry
All I can say is I hate looking at candy 8-) when or how can we taste

They have the look of some very useful tools would be so nice to have thread milling back

Thanks Andrew
andrewbishop66

Postby bennyhines70 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:46 pm

Have to agree with Andrew. Terry ,These wizards look great. When do you think you will be able to share these ?
bennyhines70

Postby Dan911 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:12 pm

Vmax549 wrote:Well I had hoped for UCCNC to address Wizards by providing a Folder to load them to and and a sub to hold teh graphics files and to be able to call them by name. Otherwise it can get messy to work with them. Then a Menu to be able to call them up.

I can do a menu for Plugin styles but teh macro styles can only be called by teh Mcode name ( M9982) but you have to be able to remember what teh Mcode for teh wizard you want to run (;-).

SO I am open to ideas on how to handle them in UCCNC.

(;-) TP

Why not create a plugin menu like I posted but instead of calling to a class like I did call macro?
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:27 pm

If you would like post what label names you want, and in the plugin configure I'll make a editable link for button to macro. I did this for AC's probe but he didn't want it. :shock:
Dan911

Postby dezsoe » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:51 pm

Start the macro files with a fixed pattern, e. g. "// ##This is my macro for anything". Scan the macro folder for .txt files which have the first line starting with "// ##", add the rest of this line as a name and the macro number to a list if the pattern is found. Your menu is ready to use in runtime. Also, you can store the results in a combobox on the standard screen and have a button to start the selected macro/wizard. (It's about 1AM here, so I go to sleep now. If you'd like, I make it tomorrow.)
dezsoe

Postby alex_s » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:29 pm

probe dimension of stock
Faceing
Pocket ( rectangular / circular) which could also be used for slotting
Contour ( rectangular / circular )
Hole pattern ( circular / rectangular ) with starting points center or edge defined, and pecking
Threading ( in- / outside )

but most you already covered ;)
alex_s

Postby andrewbishop66 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:23 pm

The only thing I would add to that might be 3 point hole centre
for me used when finding centre of engine bore with transfer ports around the circumference

thanks Andrew
andrewbishop66

Postby Dan911 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:06 pm

Vmax549 wrote:OK here is a thought we need someone that is good building graphics of teh process we want to display . For example a square pocket. or drawings of the probing routines. I am horrible with graphics.

(;-) TP

You interfaces do look very professional for someone who is not good at it . For now I'm just keeping it simple and working on the program that's getting large and putting out perfect Gcode. The simple create a circle and circular pocket wizard took a lot of time.

Cpocket.JPG

Circular Pocket.JPG
Dan911

PreviousNext

Return to Conversational Wizards