Conversational Wizards

Discuss the creation and usage of Wizards

Re: Conversational Wizards

Postby Dan911 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:34 am

Vmax549 wrote:HIYA Dan , Looking Good (;-)

Questions if I may.

What is teh tool diam for ?? Ar you adding in that info for teh post notes ??

All parameters used are copied from each wizard, tool diameter is not needed just like ccw. My main focus at first was to get it working properly than tweak the interface. Tool diameter will most likely become tool #. Like I posted previously "almost complete" and questions like this help.

Vmax549 wrote: G4 dwell ?

This will be used for the "P" parameter in a G82 or G83

Vmax549 wrote:I see a G99 but no G98. What if teh machine was left in G99 and you wanted to switch back to G98 ??

G98 is model on UCCNC start, my code as of now is if g99 checked than G99. I didn't see a need for G98 since UCCNC is already in G98 unless Gcode changed it. Yes, I know it will remain in G99 and G80 won't cancel it., but any canned cycle Gcode works this way as far as I know. If you run new Gcode with this unchecked it would be put back in G98. Thanks for pointing this out and what do you suggest?

Vmax549 wrote:Have you noticed with check boxes you can select more than 1 selection ? Pull down boxes work well there as you can set it for single selection only.

It can not, if you check 1 it will uncheck any other I choose related. I used this method in ModbusEZ plugin, It makes it easy to add other conditions if checked in check change Event. A combobox is also an option and something to consider.

Vmax549 wrote:Have you given any thoughts as to being mouse free ??

No, haven't a clue where to start, interested in your input.

Thanks for your help,
Dan
Dan911

Postby Vmax549 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:41 am

HIYA Dan,

IF I may ask , how did you relate the checkboxes as a set (;-) I did not know there was a way to do that. I had looked long ago but did not find teh answer so I went to pull down boxes with selections.

Actually CW/CCW is important as it could represent Climb or Conventional milling Some users do Climb others want Conventional

OK it is G98 unless you check teh G99 box (:-) I had not thought of it that way " Cool ".

Do Mouse free simply means making sure that you can TAB though teh window and make selections and enter data without use of teh mouse. To me having to click on teh field then put teh mouse down and enter data is clumsy . AND some shops will not allow a MOUSE on a machine control.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby dezsoe » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:23 am

I think using checkboxes instead of radiobuttons is confusing. When you look at a window and see checkboxes, it means that you can check more than one, but if you see a group of radiobuttons, you know that you have to select one of them.

Making checkboxes work like radiobuttons is easy: e.g. you have cb1, cb2 and cb3, in the CheckedChanged event of cb1 you write

Code: Select all
if (cb1.Checked)
{
  cb2.Checked = false;
  cb3.Checked = false;
}

In cb2 you turn off cb1 and cb3 and so on.
dezsoe

Postby Vmax549 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:38 am

OK that makes sense. Where would you put that code in a macro in teh #Events section so it would be seen all teh time ?

Checkboxes , Radio buttons ??? Us non programmers don't have a clue (;-) I just use what looks interesting. AND then try to make it work.

Thanks

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby dezsoe » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:53 am

Yes, put it in the #Events section, as other event handlers. I made a quick search on youtube and attached a short tutorial with checkboxes and radiobuttons.

youtube video
dezsoe

Postby Dan911 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:13 pm

I cleaned up the interface and tried to make it more self explanatory but still needs some work. I realized after pic there's no need for a feed rate textbox for a canned cycle. Once again I'm focused on getting program to work correctly and produce good Gcode. As you can see I'm almost there. Welcome any negative comments on Gcode.

Wizard03.JPG
Dan911

Postby bennyhines70 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:35 pm

Dan looks great ,could you add coolant feature.
bennyhines70

Postby ger21 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:03 pm

He's already got it, M7 and M8.
Gerry
UCCNC 2017 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html
ger21

Postby Vmax549 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:26 pm

Looks Good from here (;-)

Just needs some notes at teh top of teh code.

(Circle Hole Pattern v1.1)
( Date,Time)

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby bennyhines70 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:39 pm

Thanks Gerry , overlooked that.
bennyhines70

PreviousNext

Return to Conversational Wizards