CNC Lathe Info

While UCCNC does not currently have a TURN Modual Here is the place to discuss your wants and wishes for TURN

Re: CNC Lathe Info

Postby Derek » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:21 am

Battwell wrote:on my biesse conversion i used g52 to offset its 33 different heads.( ie pre measured tooling) i entered their value in a macro- but could just as easily been done from a list of user text fields on screen. (ive used this for tool changer offsets while setting machines up)

Interesting. So do you think this would be a workable solution for offsets? Realistically I only have like 11 tools for the lathe that I use most of the time.
Derek

Re: CNC Lathe Info

Postby Vmax549 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:01 pm

Hi Derek. NOPE it would run automatically from teh M6 macro and draw info from teh tool table. Teh G43 could handle Z and you just apply teh X with G52/92 during teh tool change. In the tool table you apply tool length for Z and use tool diam to store teh X offset value. That way everything is saved when you shut down and restart again.

IF you were really clever you may be able to use G41/42 for X but that would have to be tested. I KNOW teh G52/92 offsetting works (;-).

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Previous

Return to UCCNC TURN (CNC Lathe)