Put my name on the list for lathe users

While UCCNC does not currently have a TURN Modual Here is the place to discuss your wants and wishes for TURN

Re: Put my name on the list for lathe users

Postby Robertspark » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:10 pm

I'm interested in the screen set, maybe put it in its own thread and I can have a look at updating it to current development release and then re-upload it as work in progress

Upper speed limit, yes (I'm fairly sure it was put in..... Been a while ... Many sleeps and beers since then....)
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:33 pm

Thanks,

That's what we need it to be based as much as possible on base std uccnc graphics.... that way its easy for cncdrive to integrate + update.

I had a nightmare updating the Neuron to the newer version (not done the current development version yet), I can imagine Gerry has a similar issue with all the extra fields {I did ask a while ago about some sort of easier way to provide for OEM screens to be updated to all the new fields and other checkboxes etc
Robertspark

Postby RWC » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:39 pm

:)
I'd like to stand up and be counted as a future UCCNC LATHE user as well.
Cash in hand :D

Thanks,
Russ
8-)
RWC

Postby mmcdade » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:34 pm

I am just completing conversion of an Emco Turn PC 50 lathe using UB1/UC300ETH hardware under Mach 3. So far, I cannot get threading to work using a single pulse from the spindle (6ms square wave at 500 rpm). G32 shows waiting for trigger for a moment and then that light goes out and the code just hangs with no movement. I'm fairly confident of the spindle pulse because I'm getting correct actual speed feedback from the spindle and feed/rev works as expected.

I was hoping to change over to UCCNC but it sounds like that's not a viable option, yet. Is anyone running Mach on a lathe with a UC hardware interface and making threading work? Also, any update on getting feed/rev and diameter modes into UCCNC?

Thanks,

Mark
mmcdade

Postby mmcdade » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:40 am

I have now converted the original Emco encoder to a full quadrature encoder and Mach 3 threading (G32) technically works. It is not smooth and will not reliably work on any thread pitch longer than about 1.5mm (less, if you want to smoothly withdraw the tool in X). I would still like to covert to UCCNC if it supports lathe functions and correct threading. Like the person who posted before me, I'm prepared to pay a reasonable fee to have software that works...

Thanks for your consideration!

Mark
mmcdade

Postby Vmax549 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:27 am

Well a Diameter mode is doable M18 Q1 as well as a feed per rev mode M95. You can set teh Toolpath to a XZ veiw M18 P1. CSS M96 Qxxxx is doable but not perfectly but then Mach3 CSS is not perfect either. But works well enough.

Threading works well G33. A M76{XxYyZz,etc} threading macro or wizard works well.

IT just depends on what you expect out of it for now.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby asuratman » Mon May 06, 2019 3:37 am

I have now converted the original Emco encoder to a full quadrature encoder and Mach 3 threading (G32) technically works.

Do other thread function work well ?
asuratman

Postby cncdrive » Mon May 06, 2019 7:08 am

What other threading function?
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby asuratman » Mon May 06, 2019 1:25 pm

All function other than threading.
asuratman

Postby cncdrive » Mon May 06, 2019 2:28 pm

I have no idea what you talking about. :(
Please name those functions and then I can tell them if they are available or not.
cncdrive
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to UCCNC TURN (CNC Lathe)