RESET

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

RESET

Postby jtb223 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:49 am

Hello,

I'm having a problem with my machine resetting. For some reason near the end of a long run it just resets. The limit switches are not activated and it's done this now twice in the same place in a run. I regret that I clicked the reset button before checking the diagnostics page. I'd like to continue the run but I can't get it going again. I do a cycle start and run from here but it does not move. The spindle turns on but it just sits there. Please help me understand how to continue the run.

Thank you,

Jim Butler
Attachments
IMG_4705.JPG
jtb223

Re: RESET

Postby jtb223 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:06 am

Looks like I got it running again. I did a cycle start twice and it's going again. Strange. I need to check the diagnostics page if this happens again.
jtb223

Postby cncdrive » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:18 pm

Jim,

When you get a reset the reason for it is noted in the Status list, so it would be a good idea to see if there is a status message appears and what it is.
The only exception is if the reset was caused by an input trigger calling the reset button or calling a macro which calling the reset button or if a plugin calling the same, then there will be no status message (except if the macro or the plugin writes a message), because it is then handled just like as if you pressed the reset button.
So, if it was a limit switch or hardware reset signal trigger then you should see a status message about it. So, if you missed to see what signal caused the reset you can still check the status message about it.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby jtb223 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:31 pm

Balasz,

thank you for the reply. it's getting stranger. So far I've been able to reset and keep the program running but today I've reached a dead end. In this simple run the program stops and even when I try to go again it stops in the same place. I notice that the tool path prior to stopping is white not green and when it stops it indicates that the E-stop was triggered. I even disconnected the E-stop from the breakout board and still get the same thing. When I try to run again with "run from here" the tool goes back to the beginning of the white tool path and then stops in the same place. I'm stuck.

Jim
Attachments
E-Stop.JPG
jtb223

Postby jtb223 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:28 pm

I tried running another project and got several false E-stop terminations within the first 15 minutes of the run. Each time I could restart but now I'm getting the white (vs. green) tool path and it won't go any farther. I even went into the configuration page and deleted the E-stop, applied and saved the settings (I even hit the physical E-stop button to make sure it was out of the system) and the program still throws a false E-stop in the same place. Prior to this I rebooted everything but the false E-stops still occur.
jtb223

Postby jtb223 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:39 pm

...one more thing; the status monitor on the run page indicates Ext. e-stop triggered and the status monitor of the diagnostics page indicates Reset but the Estop LED is not illuminated.
jtb223

Postby cncdrive » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:12 pm

The white line or arc simply indicates the selected g-code line if it is a movement. The line is highlighted with white color when the cycle is stopped.
The highlighting is not shown when the cycle is running.

The Ext. e-stop triggered message indicates that the input pin which is configured as an e-stop triggers and so the cycle stops.
I think there is noise happening on the input and so it is just temporary, happens like a spike on the input is why you do not see it later on the diagnostics page.

I advice you to try to remove the e-stop pin from the configuration with setting the e-stop input port and pin to value 0 and then Apply settings and then try to run the code again.
If the issue is gone then then you can be sure it is the e-stop input getting a false trigger which you should solve on the hardware level, on the wiring, breakout board, grounding etc.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby dezsoe » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:52 am

Jim,

Could you attach your profile and a sample g-code file? And also, tell me what version of UCCNC do you use.
dezsoe

Postby jtb223 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:48 pm

inch.pro
(31.06 KiB) Downloaded 685 times

Profile Cutout_5-8.txt
(2.04 KiB) Downloaded 640 times

Thank you for your offer of assistance. I've attached the profile and the sample file used in the last screen shot. I'm using the most recent software, version 1.2037, firmware version 1.1300 on a UC400ETH.

The more I think about it the more I realize Balasz is most likely correct, it's a hardware issue. The files that are causing problems have been working. The software has not changed I expect I'll need to do some trouble shooting. Perhaps it's my inexpensive Chinese breakout board.

I've physically disconnected the E-stop switch and I've gone into the configuration page and set the pin and port to 0. Neither has resolved the issue.

Thanks again. I'll keep trying.

Jim
jtb223

Postby cncdrive » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:43 pm

Jim,

The possible causes for this problem are limited, because what can cause a reset are only a few things:

- E-stop input trigger.
- Limit input trigger.
- Macro or plugin calls the e-stop button code.
- Pushing the reset button on the screen.

There is nothing else which can trigger the reset button, so it must be one of these.

You wrote you set the port and pin for the e-stop input to 0. Make sure to not forget to apply or save the setting after that.
And if the issue still happens then check what message you get in the status list, because if the e-stop is disabled (ports and pins 0.) then it can't be ext.e-stop trigger message anymore.
What I suspect is that if you still receive reset trigger even after nulling the e-stop input then it will the limit inputs. The status message should tell you if I'm correct.
Then you can still try to also disable all limit inputs for a test to see if the reset trigger still happens. If the issue will gone with the reset and all limits disabled then you can be 100% sure that it is a false trigger on these inputs, so then you could investigate the breakout board and the wiring and the grounding.
Or if it is still not gone then also check all plugins and the macro loops, try to disable all if you have any enabled and then the issue must go away, because there is no other possibility for the reset trigger.
Disabling things one by one is the way to explore what is exactly causing the reset, but if I have to bet I would say that the e-stop and the limit switches false trigger will be the issue.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Next

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software