Postprocessor for SolidCAM

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: Postprocessor for SolidCAM

Postby Robertspark » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:17 am

it's not mine, I just searched Google for the op who found it easier to ask a question than search and see what was about.

can you not edit the post processor?

it sounds like it may be working in relative coordinates, so it may add a minus to move in the opposite direction to where it currently is.
Robertspark

Postby Ant » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:00 pm

Hi Robert.

Sorry I thought you'd created that particular post processor. You could very well be right about the relative coordinates although my knowledge only extends as far CAD and CAM with a rudimentary knowledge of the g-code side of things.

I've attached what I currently use. This did have some issues for me creating random circles but I've edited the machine definition (vmid file) to not handle such small arcs and UCCNC plays much better with none of the circles issues I mentioned.

PS. Tested with Solidworks 2021, SolidCAM 2021 and UCCNC 1.2113
Attachments
Mach3.rar
(5.71 KiB) Downloaded 442 times
Ant

Postby Grahamd666 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:21 pm

Ant wrote:Hi Robert.

Sorry I thought you'd created that particular post processor. You could very well be right about the relative coordinates although my knowledge only extends as far CAD and CAM with a rudimentary knowledge of the g-code side of things.

I've attached what I currently use. This did have some issues for me creating random circles but I've edited the machine definition (vmid file) to not handle such small arcs and UCCNC plays much better with none of the circles issues I mentioned.

PS. Tested with Solidworks 2021, SolidCAM 2021 and UCCNC 1.2113

Hi Ant
I have Solidworks 2017 and Solidcam 2021 so noted that you replied the GitHub post wasn’t compatible with Solidcam 2021.
With regards to the Mach 3 post you uploaded you mentioned you had modified the vmid file. Does the upload include the modified file or would I have to do that myself.
Regards
Graham
Grahamd666

Previous

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software