Red markings under "Diagnostics" Tab

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Red markings under "Diagnostics" Tab

Postby PillyWilly » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:40 pm

Hi there

My first post on this forum.

I have just hooked my UC300ETH up with my cheap chinese BOB and a Wantai DQ542MA Driver.

Everything seems to run just fine, but I get a red marking at pin 3 at the diagnostics tab, onnly when running the stepper in CW direction, it disappears whrn running the motor CCW.

Does this mean anything? and if, where am I to look for the solution

Apologies for my English, not easy for an 50+ year old Dane :D
PillyWilly

Re: Red markings under "Diagnostics" Tab

Postby cncdrive » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi,

Yes, it means something. :)
All output LEDs are red colored when the output signal is on high level and the LEDs are grey when they are on low level.
The signals can have these two levels, high or low, so they can have one of these 2 colors.
It means no fault or error if the question was about that, it just means the logic level of the signal.
If pin 3. is configured for example as the direction signal of an axis then if that axis moves to one direction then that LED will be on (red) and will be off when the axis runs to the other direction, because the direction signal changes logic level on direction change of the axis. In other words that output signal tells the connected stepper or servo drive which direction to move the axis to and the virtual LED simply indicates the logic level of the signal.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: Red markings under "Diagnostics" Tab

Postby PillyWilly » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:58 pm

cncdrive wrote:Hi,

Yes, it means something. :)
All output LEDs are red colored when the output signal is on high level and the LEDs are grey when they are on low level.
The signals can have these two levels, high or low, so they can have one of these 2 colors.
It means no fault or error if the question was about that, it just means the logic level of the signal.
If pin 3. is configured for example as the direction signal of an axis then if that axis moves to one direction then that LED will be on (red) and will be off when the axis runs to the other direction, because the direction signal changes logic level on direction change of the axis. In other words that output signal tells the connected stepper or servo drive which direction to move the axis to and the virtual LED simply indicates the logic level of the signal.

Perfect, and yes the question was if it was a fault or an error.
Thank you for the quick reply.
PillyWilly

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software