Modify "Go to Zero" & more ??

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: Modify "Go to Zero" & more ??

Postby ger21 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:20 pm

Mach3 posts will usually work.

Yes, mouse click or enter for MDI. I use Enter, as you need to hit Enter after typing anyway. How else would you access the MDI?

No, G53 is not Modal. It must be on each line.

No, one feedrate only. Not sure what purpose multiple feedrates would have, as the slowest would have to always take precedence, no? That's kinda how it works, as if your feedrate was faster than any given axis' velocity value, that axis velocity would limit the feedrate.

You can only use pots on the UC300 controllers, which have analog inputs. You can however, use an encoder, but you'd need to write a macroloop to do the work. It's not a built in function.

You can assign the spacebar to pause on the Hotkeys page of the screen.

The spindle speed starts at the minimum. Not sure there's an easy way to change that.
In my custom screen, the jog speed and increments are remembered from the previous session. I don't think you can do that without making some screen changes.

Get out your physics book. Wouldn't inches/sec² be 1/60 of inches/min/sec?
1G = 9.8m/sec², which is about 386in/sec².

According to the calculator I looked at, it takes .1sec to go from 0 to 400ipm if the accel is 800inches/sec²
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Gary Campbell » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:09 am

Gerry...
Thanks for taking the time to point me in the right direction. All that you directed me on was successful. A few brief answers, we can save the long versions for in person, especially with a machine in the room.

"How else would you access the MDI?" I'm used to direct entry with keyboard (including jog directional arrows) as long as the control screen has focus.

"Not sure what purpose multiple feedrates would have, as the slowest would have to always take precedence, no?" Short answer: A resounding No.

I was able to assign cycle stop to the spacebar. I should have asked: Is there a pause function? Pause has a ramped stop and the ability to set spindle state, output states, lift cutter, etc. This would be different than "abort" which stops all motion and kills outputs etc.

I am trying to not use your screenset for now as the first 4 or 5 machines will be sold, I don't want to make you too rich! 8-)

I was also able to get my "+" and "-" keys to spin spd and "ins" and "del" assigned to FRO. Is 10% the only increment available?

I have the math on the acceleration, just wanted to make sure it was not a terminology thing.

Thanks again. This little machine will run better than most table tops, even if I don't tinker with it anymore. :roll:
Gary Campbell
CNC Technology & Training
Control & ATC Retrofits
gcnc411(at)gmail.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
Gary Campbell

Postby ger21 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:08 am

I was able to assign cycle stop to the spacebar. I should have asked: Is there a pause function? Pause has a ramped stop and the ability to set spindle state, output states, lift cutter, etc. This would be different than "abort" which stops all motion and kills outputs etc.

Feedhold would be the Pause you are looking for. But it doesn't allow you to do anything while paused, I don't think. There was some discussion here a while back, but I'm not sure if anything came of it.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=478&hilit=feedhold#p3277

I think you can do some things with macros and/or macroloops. I haven't looked into it further.
And Cycle Stop in UCCNC does decelerate. (ramped stop)

Yes, 10% increments, until you go below 10%, then you get 1%. I made my own, with my own buttons, so I can use any increments I want.
Gerry
ger21

Postby cncdrive » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:11 am

You could possibly use the 3D printer plugin, that pulls up the Z-axis automatically when you Cycle stop and it automatically pulls the XYZ axis back to the stopped position when you Cycle start again.
It was done for 3D printers to not let the filament freeze on the workpiece if maintance work has to be done before the work ends, but it seems to me that it is the same what functionality you are looking for.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Gary Campbell » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:51 am

Thanks again guys. I don't need the feedhold to do anything. It just seemed the cycle stop was not a ramped stop, maybe because I was going slow and my acceleration was 60 times higher than needed! :oops:

I understand that each UCCNC license is linked to a piece of hardware. The UC400eth in my case. Lets say I have 2 or more controllers and wish to have a single control computer on the test bench, Is there a way to swap between them. I assume the "license.txt" will have to be swapped out.
Gary Campbell
Control & ATC Retrofits
gcnc411(at)gmail.com
Gary Campbell

Postby cncdrive » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:02 pm

The Cycle stop is a stop with decceleration.
Only the E-stop/Reset is an instant stop, because it means emergency, so then the motion must stop instantly.

You can install any number of UCCNC license keys to a single computer with a single UCCNC installation.
The license key file names look like UCCNClicense_serialnumber.txt, so you can copy any number of files, because every motion controller has a different serial number and so the names of the license keys are uniquely different.
If you copy more than one licenses then the UCCNC can connect to any of those controllers.
If you make more than one motion controller available (connected and seen by the computer the same time) then on the UCCNC software startup you get a motion control device selection window where you can select which device you want to connect to.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:55 pm

I believe that there's a command line switch you can use with your shortcut to force a specific controller, isn't there?
Gerry
ger21

Postby dezsoe » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:57 pm

Of course, there is.
Code: Select all
..path..\UCCNC.exe /p myprofile /s xxxxxx
dezsoe

Postby Gary Campbell » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:26 pm

Thanks guys... this keeps getting better every day!
Gary Campbell
Control & ATC Retrofits
gcnc411(at)gmail.com
Gary Campbell

Previous

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software