spindle controll thru the vfd using MB2 and uc300eth no go

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: spindle controll thru the vfd using MB2 and uc300eth no

Postby tracar » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:11 am

both of my vfd act the same way when connected to the mb2, i want to remove the keypads and see if there is a change..

thanks for all the ideas, will keep you posted :)
tracar

Postby ger21 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:29 am

Did you change Parameter 05 as I said before? It should be set to 3.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby tracar » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:35 pm

ger21 wrote:Did you change Parameter 05 as I said before? It should be set to 3.

Yes,

i think the AO line should be seperated from the rest of the wiring in its own seperate shielded cable, it could be picking up some signal from the other wires.
Will try after work tonight
tracar

Postby tracar » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:26 pm

spindle stuff solved.. im going to stick to the keypad for now,,, lol

my wired jog pendant came in,

i have conected as follows:

mb2 / pendant

port1- pin7 / xaxis selection knob
port1- pin8 / yaxis selection knob
port1- pin9 / zaxis selection knob
port1- pin10 / Aaxis selection knob

port1- pin11 / X1 selection knob
port1- pin12 / X10 selection knob
port1- pin13 / X100 selection knob

these i see in the diagnostic page turn on and off correctly with selecting the corresponding selection on the pendant turn knob..
the rest i was unsure about below

the encoder A+ goes ?
the encoder B+ goes ?
where does encoder A- and B- go ?

and what are the uccnc settings to make this thing work ?
tracar

Postby cncdrive » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:25 pm

A+, A- and B+ and B- signals mean that you have a differential encoder.
You need to connect that to a differential line receiver (26LS32 or similar) with a terminating resistor or snubber. (Check the 26ls32 datasheet for example)
Or you could connect one of the signals only to an optocoupler input, e.g. the A+ to the serier resistor + anode and the ground to the cathode of the opto LED. And leave the A- unconnected. And do the same with the B channel to another input opto.

Do not anode connect the series resistor + A+ and cathode connect the A- etc. because if the BOB does not have a reverse polarity parallel protection diode installed then this connection could exceed the opto LED's input reverse breakdown voltage damaging the LED or if the optocoupler has a dual polarity LED (some optos are like that) then it will not work, because the LED will be powered with both signals polarities.

You can configure the MPG in the UCCNC configuration, there is an MPG A and B channel port/pin setting, configure those to the port/pin number where you connect the encoder signals.

The MPG knobs you can connect to other inputs and then add those port/pins to input triggers in the UCCNC and attach the required function to them in the input triggers.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby tracar » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:14 pm

It has the MB2 board , i did conect the pendant to the 5v and gnd of the mb2, to measure the outpot on a+ & b+ output , that was 5vdc, which pulsed 5vdv between increments of the jog wheel, and was 0v on an increment..

The pendant uses 5-12vdc operational voltage, with an isolated 24vdc circuit for the powerLED, the rest is simple turn knobs, nothing fancy.

So, from here, need to figgure out mb2 signal input specs, and go from there

Thanks for the info!
tracar

Postby tracar » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:56 am

HOORAY i figgured it out, the output from the encoder is just that a pulsed output of 5 volts,, the MB2 needs to jump x315 pin to 0v to work AS AN INPUT SIGNAL , so what i did was use a solid state relay,, wired it like this:

mpg output a+ and gnd (same gnd as the pendant power uses) to the relay input side, and on the relay output side , connect the x315 ( or your pin) and 0v. ( do the same for the B+ side ) OR A- SIDE TO HAVE THE PULSES MORE SYMMETRICAL..

and in the mpg prescaler changed it to 2,2 i think to get the correct machine motion per pendant revolution..

with my relays they can operate between 3 and 30v input to switch, besides thats all i have out here in the middle of nowhere ;)
it works fine , and doesnt skip unless your reeling on it hard, lol

when i have time i will switch to an IC instead of the relays , lol
tracar

Postby tracar » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:41 pm

cncdrive wrote:A+, A- and B+ and B- signals mean that you have a differential encoder.
You need to connect that to a differential line receiver (26LS32 or similar) with a terminating resistor or snubber. (Check the 26ls32 datasheet for example)
Or you could connect one of the signals only to an optocoupler input, e.g. the A+ to the serier resistor + anode and the ground to the cathode of the opto LED. And leave the A- unconnected. And do the same with the B channel to another input opto.

Do not anode connect the series resistor + A+ and cathode connect the A- etc. because if the BOB does not have a reverse polarity parallel protection diode installed then this connection could exceed the opto LED's input reverse breakdown voltage damaging the LED or if the optocoupler has a dual polarity LED (some optos are like that) then it will not work, because the LED will be powered with both signals polarities.

You can configure the MPG in the UCCNC configuration, there is an MPG A and B channel port/pin setting, configure those to the port/pin number where you connect the encoder signals.

The MPG knobs you can connect to other inputs and then add those port/pins to input triggers in the UCCNC and attach the required function to them in the input triggers.

After opening the case to the pendant, i noticed many go nowhere wires in the harness, conterary to what the supplied manual says lol, bonuss i guess, i can add extra buttons now!!

What i did see was a mpg with a pos, neg a&b , the a&b , just 2 wire output ( not 4 as thought) these pulse out +5v between increments of the wheel, ( 5v input power needed for mpg )

I see the uc300eth can take directly a 5v signal
So i want to try this:

Connect the mpg powerdirectly to the internal 5v of the uc300eth, directly conect to pin header pins ,port3 pin 10,11 the mpg a & b outputs

Can,if possible this pulsed 5v be directly conected to the uc300eth this way?
tracar

Postby tracar » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:53 am

I found out the answer, its a NO, but its a yes with a small mod, i had to use a very small surface mount 3 pin switching diode, that i scavenged off some old battery monitor i had.. This was needed to make a +5.2vdc open and close a circuit, ( the 5vdc to ground on the uc300eth)

I also made a custom conector to 26 pin just to fit port 5.
This and a custom macro to add .0001 jog rate. Its nice to see it jog by .0001 ;)
So all good now, and it doesnot skip even when reeling like a mad man, very accutate :)
Im happy with it.

Details:
B- conected to 5v signal from MPG (A+)
C- gnd
E- signal out, to uc300eth, connect to any of the inputs on the mb2, or uc300eth

Do the same for the (B+)

.dont do this mod, unless you know what you are doing, !
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-07-24-21-00-50.png
tracar

Postby dezsoe » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:58 am

tracar wrote:Details:
B- conected to 5v signal from MPG (A+)
C- gnd
E- signal out, to uc300eth, connect to any of the inputs on the mb2, or uc300eth

You mixed C and E, didn't you:
B - conected to 5v signal from MPG (A+)
E - gnd
C - signal out, to uc300eth, connect to any of the inputs on the mb2, or uc300eth
dezsoe

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software