I figured out the (MCS) Machine Coordinates System!

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

I figured out the (MCS) Machine Coordinates System!

Postby Raider192 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:01 pm

Well I figured it out! To all you guys that understand/care how to properly use the MCS here's how to zero it out:
1.) Jog your Axis' to the desired known reference point
2.) Unplug motors from Driver ( I have a Bus connection in an electrical box with DB9 connections)
3.) MDI X, Y, Z axis until MCS DRO all say 0.000
4.) Plug your motors back in a there you go!
Don't forget to change your soft limits to the appropriate distances.
Now you have a solid reference point if you should let’s say "Bump your Machine." I don't like to call it "Crash" unless someone else does it. :D
I figured this has probably been covered before but I thought I would post my solution because I had a hard time finding a more simple solution with my Google searches.
UCCNC Is an Awesome software and I'm super happy with my decision to skip over Mach3. The only thing UCCNC is lacking in my opinion is cutter radial compensation, but hopefully that's in the future. ;)
Thanks again guys for all your help.
Raider192

Re: I figured out the (MCS) Machine Coordinates System!

Postby dezsoe » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:15 pm

If you don't have home switches then set their port and pin to 0 in the axis setup. Now if you press home on that axis (or press home all) then the machine coordinates will set to "Write offset on home" value. If that value is 0, the axis machine coordinate will be 0. No motor hacking, just one click after you jogged to the zero position.
dezsoe

Postby Raider192 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:20 pm

Man! I knew there had to be an easier way :P Thanks a lot!
Raider192

Postby cncdrive » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:07 pm

Another way is to set the controller offline with the "offline" button on the top right side of the screen.
When the controller is offline then it will not give any outputs to the motors, but will "virtually" move the axis if you command a move, so you can go to any coordinates you want using MDI commands and when you are at the proper coords for ref.point then you can toggle the offline button to put the controller back online...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software