New Spindle Override in 1.2038

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

New Spindle Override in 1.2038

Postby Dan911 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:58 pm

Hi Balázs,

I was happy to see this in new version 1.2038. I used this feature in both Hyplugin and ModbusEZ plugin and now can eliminate the added annoying step of editing field labelnumber, and it also makes for a simple updated versions of just removing a lot of unneeded code since UCCNC already has a field to monitor that already does this.

The one thing I did notice is spindle override allows you to go below and above minimum and maximum RPM setting in spindle setup, is this something that maybe changed in future version?

Thanks,
Dan
Dan911

Re: New Spindle Override in 1.2038

Postby cncdrive » Thu May 18, 2017 2:12 pm

Hi Dan,

Thanks, it's great to hear that you found this new feature useful.

Hmm, that seems to be a mistake on our side, I mean I did not think about this.
The overridden value is simply a multiplication of the override % and the programmed value and there is really no check if it goes below the min. or above the max. setting.
The programmed value is checked for this.
So, I will have to add the limits check, will do that in the next release and thank you for noticing and telling me about this issue.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby A_Camera » Thu May 18, 2017 6:26 pm

I agree, it is a nice addition. Now I have finally added the real spindle speed display to the Run screen, using the Sact. I guess that is the real purpose of it anyway. I even added a new LED indicating the spindle speed arrival, as reported by my VFD through the Modbus.

Very nice new features. Took me only about a half an hour to import my two screens, configuration plus reworking my Modbus interface macro and the main, Run screen. BTW, the start-up time feels really faster also.
A_Camera

Postby cncdrive » Thu May 18, 2017 9:30 pm

Hi Josef, thank you. I'm happy to hear you like the new features.

And I think the same, that the startup screen really feels faster just because there is a progressbar with load %, but this gives only a faster "feeling",
however we also optimised a few things, so the startup not only feels faster, but it is actually faster. :)

We've optimised out a few things like the exploration process of the connected UCs and also the Connection/Opening process of the devices, so there functions are now faster than before.
The picture images processing was also optimised with not resizing the images to NPOT (non power of two) sizes on graphics cards which supports NPOT texture processing.
Now the UCCNC checks for the NPOT support OpenGL extension and if the card has it then the UCCNC will not resize the images to POT dimensions but will upload them to VRAM as they are and this makes the images loading faster on computers which supports the NPOT textures and modern video cards which were built after around the year 2004-2005 supports this.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Dan911 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:38 pm

cncdrive wrote:So, I will have to add the limits check, will do that in the next release and thank you for noticing and telling me about this issue.

Actually it wasn't me who picked this up, Ger21 kindly did some testing for me a couple of weeks ago and pointed it out to me.

Thanks,
Dan
Dan911

Postby cncdrive » Thu May 18, 2017 10:57 pm

Dan, I think there is somekind of missunderstanding then on my side, are you talking about the old Sset field?
If yes then that can't go below the min. and above the max. spindle velocity setting, there is a check for the limits and the UCCNC already does not allow that.
I thought you were talking about the new Soverridden DRO where there is no check which I just realised when you posted this that I forgot to add a min/max limits check,
but this new DRO was only introduced yesterday when I released the new 1.2038 version of the UCCNC. I mean this is DRO was not available in previous releases,
so it is not possible that Gerry explored this a few weeks ago, because there was no such DRO a few weeks ago.
So, I'm a bit confused now.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Dan911 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:57 pm

cncdrive wrote:Dan, I think there is somekind of missunderstanding then on my side, are you talking about the old Sset field?
If yes then that can't go below the min. and above the max. spindle velocity setting, there is a check for the limits and the UCCNC already does not allow that.
I thought you were talking about the new Soverridden DRO where there is no check which I just realised when you posted this that I forgot to add a min/max limits check,
but this new DRO was only introduced yesterday when I released the new 1.2038 version of the UCCNC. I mean this is DRO was not available in previous releases,
so it is not possible that Gerry explored this a few weeks ago, because there was no such DRO a few weeks ago.

Sorry, after posting and rereading I realized it might cause some confusion, I am referring to 1.2038.

uccnc.JPG

My min RPM is 5000

In my plugin I originally used Sset x percent override to write to VFD and display in Sact field. With this new version (1.2038) this field is already there to use for read and write frequency to VFD. I just don't want to set a frequency on VFD below or above RPM limits. this is no big deal and I can easily implement this back in plugin since I already had the RPM limit check in plugin. But if your going to fix I won't bother in new version plugin.

Thanks,
Dan
Dan911

Postby A_Camera » Fri May 19, 2017 6:35 am

Dan911 wrote:
cncdrive wrote:Dan, I think there is somekind of missunderstanding then on my side, are you talking about the old Sset field?

Sorry, after posting and rereading I realized it might cause some confusion, I am referring to 1.2038.

uccnc.JPG

My min RPM is 5000

In my plugin I originally used Sset x percent override to write to VFD and display in Sact field. With this new version (1.2038) this field is already there to use for read and write frequency to VFD. I just don't want to set a frequency on VFD below or above RPM limits. this is no big deal and I can easily implement this back in plugin since I already had the RPM limit check in plugin. But if your going to fix I won't bother in new version plugin.

Thanks,
Dan

BTW, the text for Overridden field is misspelled. It is called "Overridden", not "Overidden", so please Balázs, while you are at it, please correct the spelling in the screen image. It is the main image so it is in my opinion important. Also misspelled above in the FSET.
A_Camera

Postby CT63 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:03 pm

The proper terminology is "Override or over ride".... not overridden. Overridden is a verb and past principal. :D
CT63

Postby dezsoe » Fri May 19, 2017 2:36 pm

CT63 wrote:The proper terminology is "Override or over ride".... not overridden. Overridden is a verb and past principal. :D

Yes, it is. And what you can read in those DROs are the overridden values. :)
dezsoe

Next

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software