Norton Security Suite Deletes UCCNC.exe!

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: Norton Security Suite Deletes UCCNC.exe!

Postby epracefan@gmail.com » Thu May 18, 2017 1:20 pm

I've disconnected it from the Internet and uninstalled Norton (I installed Norton because Comcast provides it at no charge). No other software has been installed on that system and it was connected to my network primarily for transferring files from my CAD system, but I can go back to sneaker net for that.

Everything is working again so it's time to get some work done.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

Ed
epracefan@gmail.com

Postby dammogreen » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:55 pm

When using the UCCNC installer to install 1.2048 Windows 10 defender also prevented installation: "Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.A"
dammogreen

Postby A_Camera » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:21 am

dammogreen wrote:When using the UCCNC installer to install 1.2048 Windows 10 defender also prevented installation: "Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.A"

Must be something wrong with your installation. Have installed 1.2048 on several PC with the latest W10 and never had any problems. Never ever with any UCCNC versions and W7 as well as W10 installations. All worked, even the test versions.
A_Camera

Postby cncdrive » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:53 pm

I can assure you that non of any UCCNC versions contain any viruses.
It is impossible that the UCCNC is infected because the releases we always compile on an isolated computer with limited functionality.
Basicly that computer is only to compile UCCNC releases and we not moving any executables on it furthermore executables are disabled, only Visual Studio and the UCCNC can run on the computer.
And so we only move the source code to that computer which ofcourse can't contain viruses.
So, it is impossible that there are any viruses in the UCCNC which we release, except if your computer is infected, e.g. if your browser is infected it might infect the UCCNC and other exe files when the infected browser downloads the file.

It is also possilbe that your antivirus software is paranoid and making a false alarm because the UCCNC.exe file is obfuscated for anti-cracking purposes and so antiviruses can't look into the file, I mean they can, but they will not find the function entry points and will see the file as if it was "chinese". :)
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby frostheave » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:19 pm

Windows Defender also flagged my recent VER 1.2048 UCCNC install on WIN10 Pro.
See details below:
Attachments
Trojan.PNG
frostheave

Postby cncdrive » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:44 pm

Nice. It does not contain any virus or trojan, so it's the Windows Defender who makes the mistake (false alert)...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:55 pm

OK, I've scanned the exe online using a virus/maleware scan software which is connected to 67 different antivirus engines.
It is interesting that 9 of 67 antivirus softwares think that there are different viruses/malewares in the uccnc.exe file.

Now the funny part is that I now tested a backup copy of an older UCCNC version written onto CD.
That CD was resting in the self around 1.5 years now and why I moved it now is to test, because that version was earlier scanned using the same engine and no viruses no malewares nothing was found.
And voila, now scanning the exact same old file now gives the same 9 positive out of 67 virus/maleware reports.
So, the issue is definately in some virus engines recent updates, because that file was not changed, it is written on a permanent CD disk and was previously scanned years ago and then it gave negative only results.
The bug therefor is in those antivirus definitions and not in the uccnc.exe file. :)
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:13 pm

I've just submitted the UCCNC.exe file to a few antivirus software companies and asked them to check and possibly exclude it from their database or resolve the bug in their system.
Will see what they have to say...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby frostheave » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:27 pm

Very Good.
Thanks for the effort.

Windows Defender gives me 3 Action Options:
1) Remove
2) Quarantine
3) Allow on device
I will use number 3, Allow on device.
frostheave

Postby cncdrive » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:31 pm

I'm sure that those 9 antiviruses which now give the positive result are working from the same database, maybe they are made by the same company or they working together, because the other 58 antivirus softwares all giving negative results and earlier these 9 also gave negative, so something has changed very recently in their database or system or whatever.
cncdrive
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software