UCCNC + Delta VFD + RS485/Modbus

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

UCCNC + Delta VFD + RS485/Modbus

Postby Corwax » Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:35 am

Hi there!

I'm almost newbie in this way of control VFD and trying to interconnect and implement spindle control with modbus.
I have Delta VFD VFD13AMS43ANSAA and serial adapter from aliexpress (I also have bunch of USB adapters, but I've heard that usb is not good idea to run in this case). I know there is modbus plugin for UCCNC and it must be ok with my task... in general.
Adapter: https://aliexpress.ru/item/32847658734. ... 2352KMkqEx
But... It always "works fine" just in the youtube and/or forums, but I can't find no "step by step" instructions :-)
...in addition - there are few ... strings and settings and parameters in modbus plugin which I have to know and write down in plugin configuration.
Once again... I'm newbie and any suggestions with "just read the instructions" will not bring any clearance, just because I'm having terrable headace after reading 4-5 pages of Delta VFD manual :-)))))))
If somebody have the same and/or preatty close build - I would be wery appriciated for help and any advices.
...like "you have to set p0xxx in value 2, p0yyy to value 2, in pugin set this, and this, and that..." so on...

Regards
Corwax

Re: UCCNC + Delta VFD + RS485/Modbus

Postby bhdavis » Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:59 pm

You might have better luck getting help with this over on cnczone.com
BH
bhdavis

Postby Corwax » Wed Aug 28, 2024 11:54 am

bhdavis wrote:You might have better luck getting help with this over on cnczone.com
BH

Indeed! How could I forget about them! Thank you bhdavis!
Corwax

Postby cncdrive » Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:20 pm

Usually and generally speaking you have to select the screw terminals for input signals. So the VFD accept commands from the screw terminal instead of from the built in buttons and potentiometer etc.
Other then this the stock settings in the VFD should work, especially if you bought it as a kit together with the spindle motor.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software