Multi Head spindle (3 spindle)

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Multi Head spindle (3 spindle)

Postby pinoy-cnc » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:20 pm

Hi UCCNC User and @cncdrive

Has any UCCNC user has done Multi head spindle in there machine. I have done this multi head using Masso G3 controller and i would like to do this also with UCCNC but i don't know were to start.
I am Using now a AXBB-E controller with this project. Maybe there is any user here that have done this kind of CNC Project.

Here is the video of the machine that i have done (3 spindle head) using Masso G3 controller.

https://youtu.be/zJwryrsPOaI

Thank you

Rex
pinoy-cnc

Re: Multi Head spindle (3 spindle)

Postby cncdrive » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:27 pm

Well you could write a macro for it which handles the different spindle speed commands and different start/stop signals for the spindles.
You could wire the analog 0-10Volts output to all 3 spindles and then wire separate start/stop signals and then you could call macros to switch the spindles on/off.
Ofcourse this way you can run the spindles on the same speed one time, because there is one analog output only on the AXBB-E.
I don't know if this limitation is a problem for you or not?

You could also use offsets G54, G55, G56 etc. to switch/select between the offsets of the different spindles.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby pinoy-cnc » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:51 pm

Thank you for the reply...
How can I assign the tool number for the lift spindle (spindle 1) and ro the right spindle (spindle 2) and the main spindle (center spindle)

Usually on Masso Controller the spindle 1 is assign to tool number 101 and the spindle 2 is tool number 102 and the main spindle is tool number 1 to 100 ( if your spindle is ATC)

Best regards

Rex

cncdrive wrote:Well you could write a macro for it which handles the different spindle speed commands and different start/stop signals for the spindles.
You could wire the analog 0-10Volts output to all 3 spindles and then wire separate start/stop signals and then you could call macros to switch the spindles on/off.
Ofcourse this way you can run the spindles on the same speed one time, because there is one analog output only on the AXBB-E.
I don't know if this limitation is a problem for you or not?

You could also use offsets G54, G55, G56 etc. to switch/select between the offsets of the different spindles.
pinoy-cnc

Postby ger21 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:55 am

You need a custom M6 macro that activates the proper spindle based on tool number, and applies the correct offsets for each spindle.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software