Button starts VFD-spindle but M3 does not

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Button starts VFD-spindle but M3 does not

Postby torch » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:26 am

I already have the normal spindl working, but now I'm configuring UCCNC to work also with a VFD.

I can start the VFD spindle by the button at the screen or via UCR201 pedant, and I can set different speeds in the MDI/spindle override, but I cannot start the spindle with M3 from neither MDI or in a program, nor stop it with M5.

What have I done wrong?

UC300eth on UB1.
torch

Re: Button starts VFD-spindle but M3 does not

Postby charliem » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:39 pm

but I cannot start the spindle with M3 from neither MDI or in a program, nor stop it with M5.

What have I done wrong?

UC300eth on UB1.

How are you connected to your VFD?
Regards
Charlie M
charliem

Postby torch » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:54 pm

FWD start at NO2 pin 14 port 1 with 0-10v to VFD through AO1.

If I start the spindle with the button at screen interface of UCCNC or pedant I can also change the spindle speed with S command or spindle override.

So I figure everything should be set up right, but still M3 does nothing which is very strange.
torch

Postby torch » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:34 pm

Problem solved!

I had several profiles, but only the default was working with M3 commands. All other had this same issue so seems like they were corrupted.
The profiles were all originally created in a eralier version of UCCNC, except the default profile, to which other settings were loaded and applied, and luckily that seemed to work. (I just installed the latest version of UCCNC on a clean windows installation).

I recreated new profiles based on the default, and now its working correctly.

Not until I had reinstalled latest version of UCCNC I read that profiles created in previous versions of UCCNC should not be used with newer versions, so I had not saved screenshots of all settings.
torch

Postby charliem » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:53 am

Glad you got it working.
Regards
Charlie M
charliem

Postby SteveM » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:48 am

torch wrote:Problem solved!

I had several profiles, but only the default was working with M3 commands. All other had this same issue so seems like they were corrupted.
The profiles were all originally created in a eralier version of UCCNC, except the default profile, to which other settings were loaded and applied, and luckily that seemed to work. (I just installed the latest version of UCCNC on a clean windows installation).

I recreated new profiles based on the default, and now its working correctly.

Not until I had reinstalled latest version of UCCNC I read that profiles created in previous versions of UCCNC should not be used with newer versions, so I had not saved screenshots of all settings.

Mmm, I've always kept my original profiles, they're very simple though.
Did it say at which version the cut-off was?
How are you meant to update and reuse current setups if you shouldn't use your old profiles?

I can't remember which version I changed over from Mach3, but it was a lot of years ago.

Steve
SteveM

Postby torch » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:59 pm

I only went from 1.2111 to 1.2113 and from what I can read at CNCdrive.com it seems only an issue when migrating older 1.0xxx to 1.1xxx, 1.0xxx to 1.2xxx or 1.1xxx to 1.2xxx.

None of the backed up profiles I saved and copied to the UCCNC profile folder responded to M3 in the new installation (but I could still start the spindle with the screenset button), only the default profie that came with the new installation worked with M3 .

Before I discovered the problem I had loaded a backed up profile and saved if over the default that came with the new installation, and only that profile responded to M3. Then I used that profile to create a new profile for my VFD settings and added them manually (in the profile managment screen).
torch

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software