NO UPDATES FOR 18MONTHS?

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

NO UPDATES FOR 18MONTHS?

Postby CNCChris » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:35 am

Will uccnc ever add better support for people with an ATC rack etc, like a GUI to setup and handle the work or have we reached the peak of uccnc since there hasn't been an update in 18months.
I don't want to do the programming and learn to write lines of code.
CNCChris

Re: NO UPDATES FOR 18MONTHS?

Postby ger21 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:55 am

A new version is supposed to be released any time now.

As for ATC support, It already does support ATC's, but you have to modify the M6 macro. With so many different types of ATC's, I'm not sure how they can have an out of the box solution that works for everyone.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Robertspark » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:25 pm

CNCChris wrote:I don't want to do the programming and learn to write lines of code.

maybe you could hire cncdrive or someone else to do the programme you require for you?
Robertspark

Postby cncdrive » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:14 am

Email my collegue at support@cncdrive.com as we have very good toolchange macro and plugin and my collegue even build a nice screenset to support ATC.

And no we did not reach the peak with the development, we have added lots of new features last year including a very good lathe support and the new development release is coming soon.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby CNCChris » Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:42 pm

Email sent.
CNCChris

Postby cncdrive » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:39 am

My collegue is on holidays, he will get back to work only tomorrow.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby dezsoe » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:51 am

Yes, I'm back and I received your mail, but I was away for 16 days and your is one of the last mails, so there are a lot to reply before I get to yours.

Despite I have many working ATC macros and plugins I can't send you a working solution, because all of them is different. All of the plugins and macros was written for a specific machine using inputs and outputs to control the ATC. To be clear here are some ATCs that I remember without scanning all my macros/plugins:
- Simple one with only a tool release output and a line of rack positions.
- The same simple, but after tool change the tool is probed.
- Simple linear rack, but many inputs to check the ATC states e.g.: tool clamped, chuck open, chuck closed, spindle in index, 0 rpm, rack in, rack out.
- some others combining the list above, some using A, B or C to rotate the rack, etc.
- And the other end of the list is a very complex M300 (the old green one) with a chain tool rack with wondering tools (the ejected tool goes into the nearest free position) and tool preload. This has an extreme number of I/Os while the change of the tool is very simple. (To change the tool you set an output and wait for an input in a given time.)

So, if you want to get a macro then you have to tell how the hardware works and what is the exact flow of control.
dezsoe

Postby mark68 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:40 pm

Do you not think it would be helpful for all users of UCCNC to share these macro's on the forum. As long as people are aware they may need to modify them to suit their specific needs I'm sure they would be appreciated and you may find you get more sales of the software if there was more content available to help the use of it. Not everyone can either write code or have the time to learn it but may well be capable of learning quickly how to edit exisiting Macro's.
mark68

Postby cncdrive » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:15 am

An example M6 macro for linear toolchanger is included with the UCCNC installation.
What Dezsoe can give is support to modify/customise that macro to fit the specific toolchanger.
If the toolchanger is complex then writting a plugin together with a macro is the faster and better way to go.
But as Dezsoe wrote the issue is that all toolchangers are different and as I said for a simple toolchanger the stock M6 macro with little modification could be used.
And if you need ATC support and cannot deal with modifying the M6 macro then you can email dezsoe, explain him your toolchanger and then he will help you with writting a working macro code.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby CNCChris » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:25 am

Thank you, will be in contact soon.
CNCChris

Next

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software