Newbie question regarding UCCNC Software

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Newbie question regarding UCCNC Software

Postby SteveSmith69 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:55 am

Hi All,

Complete newbie to the site and to most aspects of the cnc world so please be gentle..

I've purchased a AXBB-E and the UCCNC software, I've managed to wire it all up as per the information provided on the cnc drive web site.
I'm running 4 x DM556T steppers (48V) and 4 x Nema 23 Bipolar 1.8deg 3.0 Nm(425oz.in) 4.2A motors.

I've managed to get the motors to move on jog however that's all I managed to accomplish, over the last few days I've been scouring the forum and the web in in hope that someone will have a similar set up who would be willing to share their setting as a staring point.

I've watched a few videos on line and they all seem to have a profile that they install? but I have no idea how to get a profile or where from.

Therefore if anyone would be willing to help me out there's a virtual beer or two involved.

Thanks in advance.
SteveSmith69

Re: Newbie question regarding UCCNC Software

Postby ger21 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:51 pm

I've managed to get the motors to move on jog however that's all I managed to accomplish,

If you can jog the motors, then they are working. Can you be more specific on what you need help with?

You do not need to install a profile. You just configure the settings in UCCNC. The settings are saved to the default profile, unless you create a new one. It's a good idea, though, to create a new profile after configuring everything, and use the newly created one, as the default profile gets overwritten if you update to a newer version of UCCNC.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software