How to edit probing plugin?

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

How to edit probing plugin?

Postby skyler1440 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:56 pm

Is there a relatively easy way to modify the probing cycles for the probing plugin?
skyler1440

Re: How to edit probing plugin?

Postby dezsoe » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:05 pm

(If you have the source code then yes. :))

What do you want to do or change?
dezsoe

Postby skyler1440 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:17 am

Seems like that would be well beyond my abilities :D

I've been getting this new probe guarding device [url](https://topcom.cz/products/smart/smartmer2/)[/url] set up. As a safety mechanism, this needs an output to be turned on by UCCNC when probing. This works most of the time with a simple I/O trigger to turn the output on tied to LED 24. However some of the time the safety mechanism gets tripped when it shouldn't. I think if the output was kept on just a fraction of a second after the actual probing part of the cycle was over it would clear this up. Maybe there would be another way to do that without a lot of programming?
skyler1440

Postby A_Camera » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:35 pm

To be honest I don't understand the point of this device. What does it do and what is there to protect? It says it's a signal merger. But at least the UC300ETH can have two probes connected. So when do you need the protection it is providing and how does it know what situation is unexpected? To me it seems like a rip-off. Perhaps I had one glass too many tonight, but I don't understand what it exactly does. I have two probes connected to my UC300ETH through a simple switch, so there are several ways to solve this problem.
A_Camera

Postby ger21 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:02 am

UCCNC already has probing protection built in. Jog Safe Probe, and Probe Safe modes will protect your probe from accidental contact.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby johanbhi » Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:34 am

To be completely candid, I'm struggling to comprehend the purpose of this device. What is its function and what is its intended safeguard? It claims to be a signal merger, but I've noticed that the UC300ETH can accommodate two probes simultaneously. Therefore, I'm uncertain about the circumstances that necessitate the protection it offers and how it identifies unexpected situations. Perhaps I had one glass too many tonight, but I don't understand what it exactly does. I presently have two probes connected to my UC300ETH using a basic switch, which presents multiple avenues for resolving this issue.
johanbhi

Postby MatiasJoel » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:01 am

Certainly! You can adjust probing cycles in just a few simple steps.Workers compensation lawyer Check out our user guide for a quick walkthrough.
MatiasJoel

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software