UCCNC Probing

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: UCCNC Probing

Postby beefy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:20 am

Vmax549 wrote:Being UCCNC is a step direction based machine I would say teh accuracy is based on teh min step resolution. UNLESS UCCNC plots in values less than 1 step . Teh way Mach3 was explained to me was it made a step,checked teh pin, made a step ,checked the pin.

IN UCcnc if teh pin was not tripped on a step but was on teh next step teh accuracy would be inside of the value of 1 step ???? so here with 40,000 steps per that would be 0.000025 OR can UCCNC plot positions inside of one step based on vel/time ???

(;-) TP

That's a very good point Terry, and something I totally overlooked. Unless Balazs says otherwise, I'll assume for now it's based on the min step resolution.

Keith.
beefy

Postby A_Camera » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:02 am

CT63 wrote:
A_Camera wrote:Are you sure that probing speed does not matter for UCCNC? It definitely matters in Mach3, I measured that when I wrote my macro for probing.

I'm not even sure it matters in Mach 3 or could be something in the version of Mach 3 you are using. Mach 3 (ArtSoft) is notoriously known for fixing one problem and creating 3 more in the process. I know running Mach 3 Ver 0.62 it didn't make a difference in probing accuracy when I stopped using the second tap. I know a second tap doesn't make any difference in probing accuracy from the first tap in UCCNC.

I have a latest version, and it definitely makes a difference. Even Mach3 has trip point registers, Mach3 variables 2000-2005 are the captured positions, but what I have seen is that moving back to those is not enough because they are different from the real touch point if the probing speed is a bit high. The solution is easy but takes some extra time. Once tripped, just move back a bit and make a slow speed second probing to get it right. The difference is so little that for people working with wood doesn't really matter, but for me it is important to get it right.
A_Camera

Postby ger21 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:48 am

Isn't it possible that different speeds can cause the probe contacts to open at different times?
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Previous

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software