UCCNC test releases posted in this thread

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

UCCNC test releases posted in this thread

Postby cncdrive » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:28 pm

The software versions posted here are only for testing purposes.
These versions are not official releases and might contain bugs which can lead to damages of the machine, tool and work-material.
Please run these versions only if you want to help us with testing the new developments and features and if the possible bugs will not cost you too much.
Otherwise please run the latest official release available for download on our website: http://cncdrive.com/UCCNC.html

We've made some code changes again in the probing code because our first attempt did not seems to fix the original issue.

The download: http://www.cncdrive.com/UCCNC/setup_1.2024.exe
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: UCCNC version 1.2024 ready for testing

Postby A_Camera » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:07 am

OK thanks, but is there a summary of information about what is fixed and what the original issue was? What are the consequences of the installation?

I just installed the previous version yesterday and it was pretty annoying that it destroyed my settings and configurations, as well as some newly created screen objects, so I had to start over. Is that going to happen now as well, or is it possible to keep the present profile and all the current settings? Yesterday I made a backup of the whole UCCNC folder and tried to copy back the profile, but that did not work, perhaps because of the change in the actual profile file due to the Modbus timeout error you fixed, but is that going to happen again with this new release?
A_Camera

Postby ger21 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:16 am

It's probably a good idea to use a custom screenset and profile if you're doing customizing, to prevent the files from being overwritten during updates.
I believe there is an option during the install to not overwrite the default profile, but have not tried it.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby cncdrive » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:47 am

[url]OK thanks, but is there a summary of information about what is fixed and what the original issue was? What are the consequences of the installation?[/url]

There was a single bug fix in this version, mentioned in the thread where we released it for testing.
As soon as it will go to public release the change log will be updated with the changes list from previous public release to the new public release.

I just installed the previous version yesterday and it was pretty annoying that it destroyed my settings and configurations, as well as some newly created screen objects, so I had to start over. Is that going to happen now as well, or is it possible to keep the present profile and all the current settings? Yesterday I made a backup of the whole UCCNC folder and tried to copy back the profile, but that did not work, perhaps because of the change in the actual profile file due to the Modbus timeout error you fixed, but is that going to happen again with this new release?

It only destroys your settings if you ask the installer to do so.
The installer overwrittes your settings (profile) only if you have that checkbox ticked in in the installer,
if you untick that then it will not bother your settings.
Also it only bothers the default and plasma profiles, but again, only if you have that overwrite box ticked in the installer.

And no, the old profile should work with this new version also, it will always work with minor version number changes.
If the Timeout setting is not there in your old profile is not a problem then the software will load the default values defined in the plugin and will write the key to the old profile as soon as you make changes and save...
The only case when we can't guarantee that old profiles will work when updating major version numbers: 1.0xxx to 1.1xxx to 1.2xxx,
but as you can see major versions were released 3 times in the development/life cycle of the software and we do not plan a new major release in the future,
probably 1.2 will be the last major version number, except if we will decide to make a so big change which will need the code to be changed upside down, not likely to happen. :)

However the images folder will be overwritten on installations. Newly created custom files are not removed, but for example if you redraw the M3 image then that will be overwritten with the to be installed M3 image (if the file still has the same name in your setup), because the installer will overwrite copy the image files.

And new releases are not very frequent, we did not make a new release for about 4 months.
Now that we released it about 5000 users started or will start to use it, so we getting feedback about issues and the current stage of development is that we fixing these.
So, we giving out new releases now as the reported bugs getting fixed.
As soon as these will be all fixed you will likely not hear about any new release for a few months again, we will then go into silent mode developing in the background again.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby shad » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:29 pm

Still can't find in the plugin interface Getbuttonstate function :(
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
http://neuroncnc.com/
shad

Postby Robertspark » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:24 pm

You probably want to remove the extra exec. Call I listed in the other post as I kept it out of the manual as
Robertspark

Postby cncdrive » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:22 pm

shad wrote:Still can't find in the plugin interface Getbuttonstate function :(

I have checked and it is there though.
Maybe you want to check where the plugininterface.dll is referenced from.
Try to delete the .dll from the plugin references and add it again to the project.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby shad » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:23 pm

Yes, you right :) Thank you!
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
http://neuroncnc.com/
shad

UCCNC version 1.2026 ready for testing

Postby cncdrive » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:46 pm

UCCNC version 1.2026 is ready for testing.
The download link: http://www.cncdrive.com/UCCNC/setup_1.2026.exe

The changes/bug fixes list:

- On startup first time if MDI was entered with the Enter key it did not accept the typed in command, fixed.
- If the Toolpath view was in focus then the Enter key did not access the MDI, fixed.
- Softlimits issue after homing fixed.
- Screeneditor was missing the Add Codeview button, button was added.
- Adding new Toolpath view in screen editor had a bug and caused an exception, fixed.
- The M10/M11 commands had a problem when in some cases the commands were optimised out and accidentally removed in CV mode, fixed.
- The exec.Wait function was not precise, had a problem, fixed.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: UCCNC version 1.2026 ready for testing

Postby ger21 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:41 pm

Excellent.
Now I feel like I'm making a contribution.
Thanks for the quick fixes.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Next

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software