JOG Pendant

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: JOG Pendant

Postby dezsoe » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:55 am

OK, you have to find the 5V and 0V cables and give connect them. There are 2 more cables then I thoght. Could you make a better photo where only the PCB can be seen, but in good resolution? (I would like to see the chip writings too.)
dezsoe

Postby RWC » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:18 pm

Here is a close-up.
I assumed I would need to cut this board out and run the wires directly to the AXBB inputs.
Are you considering using this "as is" ? That would be cool.
Thanks,
Russ
(looks like the forum login is working here again now) :)
Attachments
close-up.jpg
RWC

Postby dezsoe » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:17 pm

Hm. It's too clever to find out the pins on a photo... :)

(The 26LS31 makes differential outputs for the MPG, it's OK. But the switches are coded by the LS148s. If you have a multimeter then you could test all switch positions to find out the outputs, but you have to know that the LS07 is an open collector line driver, so to measure the outputs you need some pull-up resistors.)

If you're not familiar with electronics then you should leave it as is and buy something like this.
dezsoe

Postby RWC » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:42 pm

Yes, I see that it might be too much for me the way it is.

Would it work OK to remove the pcb and wire the switches and the pulser DIRECTLY to the ASBB inputs ?
I have different regular type rotary switches that I could use.
Thanks dezsoe,
Russ
RWC

Postby dezsoe » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:19 pm

Yes, the linked controller works fine and it has simple switches. The x1-x10-x100 switch has all wires connected. The axis selector in OFF mode connects nowhere, so the macro turns on the keyboard jogging. You need a 1-of-3 and a 1-of-5 switch.
dezsoe

Postby RWC » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:31 pm

OK, that is good, thanks.
1 more question: ( for now) :)
If the x1-x10-x100 switch also had a 4th position that was OFF, and not connected, would it work WITHOUT the macros ?
Thanks again,
Russ
RWC

Postby RWC » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:55 pm

cncdrive wrote:
The increment selection knob is a bit more tricky, because it will not trigger when you start the software, because the knob is not changing the input state.

Hi cncdrive.
If the increment selection knob only got power when the other knob was not off, would that provide the needed state change of the input ?
Thanks,
Russ

I'm just trying to get a good grip on the 2 methods suggested, thanks.
RWC

Postby dezsoe » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:13 pm

No. Input triggers only activate when their state changes. What's the problem with the macros?
dezsoe

Postby RWC » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:33 pm

Hi, I am not suggesting that there is anything at all wrong with the macros.
What I am trying to determine is:
Being: 1 of the three inputs x1, x10 or x100 must see a state change as stated by cncdrive ....
If all three inputs x1, x10 or x100 were OFF when the SW started, and THEN one of them received a signal from the pendant when it was enabled, would it work that way ?

The OFF position of the AXIS switch would disable/interrupt the power to the INC switch, so all INC inputs would be OFF.
There would be a state change at an AXIS input as well as at one of the INC inputs anytime the AXIS switch was then moved from the OFF position to select an axis.

I'd just like to know if this scenario would basically do the same as the PWM method suggested by cncdrive.
Thanks very much for your help,
Russ :)
RWC

Postby dezsoe » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:38 pm

Yes, it works. But you have to take care of switching the axis off and on. (That is exactly why these macros were written: safety. They compare the required and the current state and if needed, change.)
dezsoe

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software