closing relay on software start

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

closing relay on software start

Postby martin54 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:29 pm

OK so I must be missing something really simple but been over my settings a couple of times now & something is still missing, my memory isn't what it used to be :oops:

I had my machine set up so the spindle was controlled through the software, VFD is controlled via rs485, I would start the probram & relay 1 which supplies the power to spindle would close so power on VFD & spindle was ready to run.
The control computer suffered a HDD failure just recently, HDD has been replaced & there have been a few changes but none that I can see would make a difference, now running windows 10 rather than 7 which shouldn't make any difference. Downloaded & installed the latest version of UCCNC which is different from the version I was running but again wouldn't have thought that would make a difference so there must be something I haven't done when setting up my machine in the software, as the old HDD was toast I couldn't copy any of my previous settings so had to start from scratch, just can't seem to close this relay on the software start up :cry:

Oh the other thing that has changed was the spindle/vfd plugin version, think it may have been 8 before but now it is v12 ut the settings fopr the vfd appear to be the same as for the older plugin
martin54

Re: closing relay on software start

Postby Battwell » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:26 pm

use charge pump output for a relay activated when software is running
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby martin54 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:34 pm

Thanks will look at that latter, I know it is something I am doing wrong or a setting I haven't got right lol
I use to hear the relay click as soon as I hit the reset button on starting the software :lol:
martin54

Postby martin54 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:59 pm

OK since my brain doesn't seem to be working very well these days can someone please explain (in simple terms) how can close relay one when the software starts, on the BOB I have charge pump is pin one port one, relay one is pin 16 port 1

Just for reference I am using the latest versio of UCCNC (Download from website) with the latest version of the 2017 screenset. Motion control card is UC400ETH

appologise for the very basic question but my brain is not 100% just now :oops:
martin54

Postby dezsoe » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:45 pm

What kind of BOB do you have?
dezsoe

Postby martin54 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:24 pm

It's a uniport V3 I believe, got it from diycnc few years ago
martin54

Postby dezsoe » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:32 pm

On this BOB the relays are also enabled by the charge pump. If you want one of them to turn on when the reset state is cleared then you just need to connect a not used function to that relay (e.g. M8 relay on the Spindle page) and set to active low. This way when UCCNC starts it will output a high level to this relay and when the reset is cleared then the charge pump circuit on the BOB will enable it.
dezsoe

Postby martin54 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:02 am

OK thanks will try that tomorrow, definately not how I had it previously but who is to say I had it right to start with lol if that works I will be happy thanks.
martin54

Postby martin54 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:52 pm

Just to updade this, managed to recover the old HDD which I didn't think was possible, I had things set up exactly the same way on the new drive during one of my attempts to get the spindle running, after being advised on the forum how to close the relay I went back to those setting & still had problems. It now appears that the VFD is at fault, using the old HDD I can get the spindle to start sometimes & stop sometimes but it is very erratic
martin54

Postby martin54 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:28 am

Still having problems with the VFD starting & stopping from within the software, I have checked, double checked & then checked my settings again & they all appear to be correct, now running the latest version of UCCNC listed on the website & what I believe to be the latest version of the plug in. Are there any changes to settings within either the software or the VFD that I may have overlooked?
Or does anyone know of any other reasons why I should be having problems with this
martin54

Next

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software