Keyboard HOTKEYS

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Keyboard HOTKEYS

Postby originalsigns » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:21 pm

I'm new to UCCNC and fairly new to CNC machining in general, so forgive me if this is a obvious question. I'm looking for a list/diagram of the keyboard HOTKEYS. I can JOG my machine around with my wireless keyboard, but I'd like to know if there's a HOME key or STOP/START key. Thank you!
originalsigns

Re: Keyboard HOTKEYS

Postby ger21 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:08 pm

Hotkeys are all user defined, but a few are already setup.

If you go to Configuration > I/O Trigger > Hotkeys, you'll see the ones that are already setup.
If you click the "SET" button under the Function column, you'll see what function is assigned, and the "SET" key under Keycode will tell you which key is assigned.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby WolfMaier » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:33 pm

Hi All,

I also am new to UCCNC but after a short learning curve and Gerry's excellent simple screen I have never looked back from jumping the Mach3 fence.

Regarding Hotkeys (and the 2017 screenset), I had some difficulty setting up hotkeys for my keyboard emulator (IPAC).

All was going well with the usual JOG keys etcl until I tried to set up keys for AUTOZERO, GOTOZ , PARK1 and PARK2.

In the FUNCTION Drop Down List, there was no Function for AUTOZERO and the Functions for GOTOZ , PARK1 and PARK2 (Functions 131, 193, & 194) did not work as expected.

Finally I realised that Gerry's Screenset has a List of Gerry's FUNCTIONS and manually entering these function values did the trick.

AUTOZERO - 20523, GOTOZ - 20552, PARK1 - 20524, PARK2 - 20525. (This is probably more obvious to most than myself).

Anyhow all is good and I still cant believe how well this software works and what incredible value it is. Well done everyone involved in making this possible.
WolfMaier

Postby originalsigns » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:35 am

Thank you for the great info! It doesn't look too complicated or intimidating, although I'm not sure what all the commands are. I'm sure the more I use it the more I'll learn. Anyway, I sincerely appreciate all the help!
originalsigns

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software