UCxxx_utility.exe won't run on XP

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

UCxxx_utility.exe won't run on XP

Postby md2756 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:59 pm

Ok, I am just starting to set up the uc300eth-ub1 on my XP system.

I am using direct cable connection between systems (no router).

I have configured the IP address for the XP ethernet adpater per documents ( IP address 10.10.10.10, subnet mask 255.255.255.0).

I can ping the uc300eth at ip 10.10.10.11 and it answers the ping correctly so I am assuming the communications are working.

However when I try to run UCxxx._utility.exe to scan for the uc300eth however it fails. I get "Application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect".

Is there a way to fix this or am I using the wrong utility (only see one .exe file of them in the zip file, but there is another file called ftd2xx.dll, does this need to be put in some systemfile folder?)

thanks mike
md2756

Re: UCxxx_utility.exe won't run on XP

Postby cncdrive » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:06 pm

Well, it is likely to be a Windows registry problem. What error code do you get? Check that, it should be a long hexadecimal number and then try to google it about how to fix that error in Windows.
I'm saying it is likely a Windows issue, because the UCxxx utility exe is native code run directly by Windows, it is not .NET code, so it can't have a configuration issue...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software