CAM - Sample DXF?

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: CAM - Sample DXF?

Postby Dan911 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:07 pm

Maybe I threw in the towel to quickly with converter I've been working on...

Loading a R12/13/14 and problem dxf files in Qcad and Autocad and resaving will fix 99% of the problems and UCCAM will open, but splines will still be ignored.

inkscape.JPG

Qcadspline.JPG
Dan911

Postby Robertspark » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:15 pm

Very few software knows how to deal with splines as they are a single 3dimensional object.

In autocad they can be converted to polylines using I think pspline from memory very easily
Robertspark

Postby ger21 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:34 pm

r12 .dxf files don't support splines. In AutoCAD, saving as R12 automatically converts splines to polylines.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Dan911 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:21 am

Sorry if unclear with last post, pics in my last post were saved splines and using converter I been playing with converted so UCCAM can read them.

Rob- most cad and imaging programs read and draw splines and when saved as a dxf r15 or higher will be saved as a spline. Try offsetting a ellipse in a CAD program, you will end up with a ellipse UCCAM will read and the offset spline it won't.

Gerry - Yes ... and UCCAM don't support R12/13/14.
Dan911

Postby ger21 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:33 am

Dan911 wrote:Try offsetting a ellipse in a CAD program, you will end up with a ellipse UCCAM will read and the offset spline it won't.

In AutoCAD, set PELLIPSE to 1 and it will draw ellipses made up of polyline arcs. :D Not exact ellipses, but usually close enough. And can offset and still get polylines.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Dan911 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:38 am

ger21 wrote:
Dan911 wrote:Try offsetting a ellipse in a CAD program, you will end up with a ellipse UCCAM will read and the offset spline it won't.

In AutoCAD, set PELLIPSE to 1 and it will draw ellipses made up of polyline arcs. :D Not exact ellipses, but usually close enough. And can offset and still get polylines.

Thanks for the tip.
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:57 pm

Is there away to retrieve the path file for UCCAM like the Gcode path file?

Dan
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:24 pm

Dan911 wrote:Is there away to retrieve the path file for UCCAM like the Gcode path file?

Dan

Bump................

I've read here in this thread cncdrive don't have the time for UCCAM but adding a field with dxf path seems effortless, of course ultimately having a function to programmatically load the file would be great! :D

Even with saving a dxf in the correct version for UCCAM to read it still has hip-cups with ellipse, polylines, splines. I found saving the file in a R12 format converts ellipse, splines to vertices and using my
converter to extract these vertices and create a dxf file UCCAM can read works more reliably. Every pic in this thread was done in this method and isn't a dxf file I cannot open in UCCAM. Of course with very complex splines it will lose some quality due to lack of info.

I added 2 buttons to my UCCAM window, one for my converter and another for LibreCad. Librecad is a free cad program that can save files in a R12 format. It's painstaking opening many dialog windows and with a function to directly load to UCCAM would eliminate many steps and make it simple.

I think by far I wouldn't be the only one to find use, to be able to open up a cad program and generate gcode on the fly in UCCNC many will find use. It would be having a multiple cam wizards all in 1.

Thanks,
Dan
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:35 am

cncdrive wrote:For example the attached file loads.

There was a software which we have used to just load the dxf and save it and it always saved with the proper formats for the UCCNC no matter if the original file was created with Autocad different versions,
but I just can't remember the name of that CAD software now, it was a long time ago and I forgot it's name. :(

The attached file loaded in UCCAM but the letter "S" and logo that's in red UCCAM would ignore and not generate gcode for. Fixed with some minor editing with free Librecad!!

Before.................

before.JPG

After......................

after.JPG

Here's the file, change ext to dxf

Logo.txt
(89.52 KiB) Downloaded 682 times
Dan911

Postby baballuci » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:13 pm

Hi,

I appreciate this thread is very old, but can anyone please repost the link to the converter mentioned in this thread.

I'm still struggling to get consistent dxfs to load in UCCAM. It's a shame because I actually find it very useful.

Thanks.
baballuci

Previous

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software