ATC

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: ATC

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:28 pm

Vmax549 wrote:Here is a BASIC 6 tool carousel M6 macro.

(;-)TP

Thank you....very much appreciated. Now to hopefully get one built soon.
ThreeDJ16

Postby spumco » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:28 am

Battwell wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNkMnU_3v8Y

6 carousel and probe tool. running uccnc on my mini mill

Oh DO want. Yes. Swank.

Now to install the new spindle, PDB, motor and build an ATC...
spumco

Postby cncdrive » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:36 pm

Now to install the new spindle, PDB, motor and build an ATC...

A little bit of work, huh? ;)
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Derek » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:22 pm

Yes.
Derek

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Vmax549 wrote:You may want to consider doing teh tool lower and raise on teh carousel slide instead of using Z axis> It is very easy to do.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Curious why it wouldn't be easier using the Z? Just thinking less sliding parts, less actuators, switches and inputs. But I'm always willing to learn since you'll done this before. The other issue is very limited room in an enclosure.
ThreeDJ16

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:23 pm

Vmax549 wrote:It takes 1 more sliding part and 1 more short air cylinder and 1 more solenoid and uses 1 more output and 1 more input. Small machines tend to wear faster than larger ones and running teh Z axis up and down more adds to that wear. Also with a slide unit you need LESS clearance in Z as you simple run it up to Zhome and that is it untill you are ready to resume cutting. The slide does teh rest. It only needs to raise /lower teh distance of the TTL stub. It also does not really need anymore room in teh enclosure. The room it needs in teh enclosure is mainly dictated by teh In/Out motion not teh up /down.

Then there is teh speed of teh Z axis up/down verses teh slide up/down.

It is just a thought,

To ease your mind a bit here is a picture of teh UCCNC tool table. You will notice there is a column for slot assignments. It just takes a bit of coding to make it work to reassign slots and tools.

(;-) TP

Makes sense. And so there is a graphic for tool to slot relationship, that was the part that I wasn't understanding. Now it makes a lot more sense. But it's not a code change whenever you do the reassignment, just initially to create...right?
ThreeDJ16

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:34 pm

BTW, thanks again for the code. Finally has a little time to look it over. So it looks like you are using "C" axis and step/dir to locate each tool. So you think there wouldn't be much benefit to adding an encoder so you would get a zero pulse and a more exact location? AMT103 are under $25 bucks. But then I realize you just ate up 3 to 5 more inputs too.
ThreeDJ16

Postby Battwell » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:07 am

mine doesnt have a home switch.
first tool change after a restart it asks the operator what tool slot is in use- and tracks it all from there.
also does this if i reset tool changer- ie after a stop is pressed during a tool change sequence.
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby ger21 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:31 am

What happens if you lose power or it loses position for some other reason?
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Battwell » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:13 pm

if it loses power it resets
(i use a var# which is always 0 after a restart and set it to 1 after first tool change)
same if it lost position during a run- id press stop and the var will reset to 0 (in my code, as well as switching it to safe state at any point in program if stopped) .
i can also reset the var# by mdi at any time.
as it relies on seeing switches it cannot continue if it crashes etc .- the pneumatics are only on 60psi so dont give full power.- so no damage on a crash.
(crashed it loads of times during original macro testing. lol )
seems to work well- i havnt had it go out of sync during any program runs so far :-)
but have had to use stop once when the tool holder didnt fully engage in the spindle.
i rarely walk away from my machines when running. at worst only at the next machine!
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software