Y axis homing issue

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Y axis homing issue

Postby izidorius » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:27 am

I use UC300 ETH controller with hddb2 board and UCCNC software. There is a problem with Y axis homing: it hits soft limit and then goes opposite direction endlessly till hits the bumper or goes opposite direction from soft limit right away. Although when machine finishes cutting the file ALL axis home correctly which means soft limit is working properly. The problem occurred out of sudden, I didn't change any settings or whatsoever. I reinstalled UCCNC software, nothing changed. After a week or so of not using the machine, software couldn't detect the controller, I reset the controller and it works again but Y axis issue remains. Any ideas? Controller failure maybe??
izidorius

Re: Y axis homing issue

Postby ger21 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:40 pm

Watch the LED on the diagnostics page to see if the switch is opening and closing properly.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby izidorius » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:02 pm

Thanks. On a diagnostics page Y home is constantly on independently from actual limit switch LED indication. Will try to replace the switch and come back.
izidorius

Re: Y axis homing issue and losing connection

Postby izidorius » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:08 am

Nothing is wrong with the switch though. In addition, another issue came up: software keeps losing connection with the controller and program needs to be shut down. I've replaced cat5 cross wire but problem still occurs. Any sugggestions? I have a big project coming up ant it seems to be a huge issue :(
izidorius

Postby cncdrive » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:12 am

Lost connection is caused by too many errorous data packets or too slow data transfer (>3*20msec = 60msec response time over the network).

Eliminate the noise in your system. Look for ground loops. You can also test the system with keeping the power electronics part off to test if it still loosing connection that way.

Make sure your network card drivers are up to date. Check the diagnostics (communication latency) graph in the UCCNC. It should never go up to 20msec.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software