background1.png

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

background1.png

Postby loesch » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:24 pm

Bear with me as I'm still learning. I successfully used the screen edit function to move some buttons around. However, Since I moved the DRO locations I also needed to change the background file that labels them. I found "background1.png" and made the necessary edits. Here's my problem. The old background1 file seems to still be loading. The icon that I use to launch UCCNC uses a "/p SC2-600_3DProbe" to specify the profile to load from the "\Profiles\" folder. The .pro file has a "mainscreenfilename=Stepcraftscreenset_3DProbe" which I assume it gets from the "/Screens/" folder. The "Stepcraftscreenset_3DProbe.ssf" file has a "string bitmapfolder = "BMP/Stepcraftscreenset_3DProbe/" " entry which is where I assumed is the folder where I should be putting the edited "background1.png" file. A search of the .ssf file showed it contained no entry for "background1.png" but many entries for all the other background files. How does UCCNC find and locate the appropriate file? The background file I edited is located in the "UCCNC/Flashscreen/BMP/Stepcraftscreenset_3DProbe/" folder.

Attached is the edited background file with the DRO labels moved to the right by 40 pixels.

I'm stumped.
Attachments
background1.png
loesch

Re: background1.png

Postby dezsoe » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:13 pm

Upload your modified ssf file. If background1 cannot be found then I think, you renamed it to something. The line with the bitmapfolder variable is no more used (as I know), in the old versions (before the screen editor function) this variable simplified the screenset file. Which version of UCCNC do you use? This background1 is very old! The location of the active modal is changed between 1.1117 and 1.2005. (I don't know the exact version, but in 1.1117 the background is like yours, in 1.2005 it has its new location.) Don't forget to mention the controller and program version you use.
dezsoe

Postby loesch » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:02 pm

I'm using UCCNC 1.2047 and a UC100 controller.

Re the .ssf file (attached), I never modified it except with the screen editor to move the button locations. That's what I find confusing because it seems to be loading a background file from somewheres. Does it automatically use a default screen unless one is specified? My modified background1.png file is located in Flashscreen>BMP>Stepcraftscreenset_3DProbe and I renamed the background1.png file in Flashscreen>BMP>Defaultscreenset to background1_old.png.
Attachments
Stepcraftscreenset_3DProbe.ssf
(1.94 MiB) Downloaded 602 times
loesch

Postby dezsoe » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:41 pm

This screenset uses the background36.png for the RUN screen background. In your ssf:

Code: Select all
// Load picture to number 64
AS3.Loadpicture("BMP/Stepcraftscreenset_3DProbe/background36.png", "BMP/Stepcraftscreenset_3DProbe/background36.png",64, false);
// Set picture 64 as background for layer 2 which is the RUN screen
AS3.Addbackground(0, 0, 1024, 692, 64, 1, 2);

Background36 is for plasma in the stock version. I don't know how Stepcraft modified the screens. Is there a download link for the Stepcraft version?
dezsoe

Postby cncdrive » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:43 pm

Dezsoe, the link to the Stepcraft screen installer with the screenset files: http://cncdrive.com/UCCNC/Stepcraft_installer_1_2.zip
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby dezsoe » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:44 pm

Thanks! I'll check the original screenset. :)
dezsoe

Postby dezsoe » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:03 pm

Are the SC2-600_3DProbe profile and the Stepcraftscreenset_3DProbe screenset from Stepcraft?

Balázs, the installer is 2 years old, it's missing all the new picture files, and maybe the problematic profile and screenset too.
dezsoe

Postby cncdrive » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:08 pm

This is what we have. We made no newer screenset installer. If the customer has something else then that is something made by a 3rd party, not made by us.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby dezsoe » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:13 pm

OK, I see. I'll wait for Loesch to give more info.
dezsoe

Postby loesch » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:23 pm

Dezsoe, The solution was right in front of my face. I was fixated on background1 and didn't catch (I've now been educated thanks to you) the instructions on adding a background. Thank you for your help. To the others, Stepcraft does modify things for their own setup and provides customers with the appropriate files and periodic updates except for the base program. I just wanted to add my personal touches like many others. UCCNC is an absolute gem of a program. I just wish I could find a more user friendly, interactive, interpretive editing method, than the plain (but effective) screen editor.
loesch

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software