Really dumb question

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Really dumb question

Postby loesch » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:11 pm

As you can see, I'm missing something here. In fact, I have a screenset that is missing the Edit screen button. I used the screen editor on the Edit screen button in another screenset and see that the buttonnumber is 526 and it's associated picturenumber is 146. I also figured out how to add a button and it's layer and picture information, but how do you associate an action to a button? I've looked and searched and can't seem to find anything, hence this question. I want to add the screen editor back to the screenset where's it's missing, just need to know how to make pressing the button actually call the screen editor. I can't seem to be able to use the screen editor to edit another profile so I'm guessing I have to do it in either the .ssf or .pro files manually?
loesch

Re: Really dumb question

Postby cncdrive » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:33 pm

The buttonnumber is what defines the function of a button.
Buttonnumber 526. opens the screen editor and enters in screen editing mode, that is the function of button number 526.
You may have any buttons with buttonnumber=526.

If you removed that button and do not have any buttons on the screen with buttonnumber=526, so you can't access the screen editor mode anymore with pressing a button then you have the following choices:

- Manually edit a button in the screenset file and give it the buttonnumber parameter 526.
- Add the 526. function code to a hotkey and then press that hotkey on the keyboard to enter the screenedit mode.
- Add the 526. function code to an input trigger and then trigger that pin on the motion controller to enter the screenedit mode.
- Use a macro to enter the screen editor with exec.Callbutton(526);

The list of buttonnumbers which as described are the function codes you can find in the documentation, in the UCCNC/Documentation folder, there are .html files containing this information too.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:54 pm

cncdrive wrote:If you removed that button and do not have any buttons on the screen with buttonnumber=526, so you can't access the screen editor mode anymore with pressing a button then you have the following choices:

- Manually edit a button in the screenset file and give it the buttonnumber parameter 526.
- Add the 526. function code to a hotkey and then press that hotkey on the keyboard to enter the screenedit mode.
- Add the 526. function code to an input trigger and then trigger that pin on the motion controller to enter the screenedit mode.
- Use a macro to enter the screen editor with exec.Callbutton(526);

Theses are great tips! Thanks. ;)
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby loesch » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:57 pm

Thanks. After assigning a hotkey, I was able to edit the screenset that was missing the Edit Screen button. Adding it with the correct button number and picture (and label) was easy. Now have it back. Thanks. The key was that the button number WAS the function number.
loesch

Postby cncdrive » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:06 pm

Good to hear you got it going.
Once you get the logic of how these things work then it is simple to do screen hacks and mods. :)
I advice you to also read the other docs in the /Documentation folder, there are documents also about LEDs and DRO numbers and macro functions which you may find useful one day.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software