uccnc 2103 WILL NOT LOAD on 32 bit Windows

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: uccnc 2103 WILL NOT LOAD on 32 bit Windows

Postby cncdrive » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:53 pm

Terry,

We did not make change on the installer, I mean the installer was not converted to 64bits, it is the same 32bits application as before.
And we've tested it, installed and ran it on 32bits Windows too, so it has to work.
I think that probably your download was corrupted, please try to download the file again.
The message what Windows says when an executable file is corrupted is that the application is not a Windows 32 app...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: uccnc 2103 WILL NOT LOAD on 32 bit Windows

Postby cncdrive » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:20 pm

Hi Terry,

Good to hear you got it going. :)
The UCCNC installer is getting larger and larger, so the download can take more and more time. It especially grew now because we have converted the UCCNC app. to 64bits, because the UCCNC.exe itself grown to about double it's size with AnyCPU compiled compared to when it was x86 compiled.
With slow internet connection it can become a problem if the download is really slow and the browser cuts the download before it really downloaded.
I remember I struggled recently to download a Chinese VFD manual which was about 35MBytes in size. The Chrome browser just always cut the download before it could actually finish the downloading process.
I ended up writting some C# code to download the file and then it downloaded the file, so it is sure the file was not broken at all, just the browser somehow timed out and did not even give an error message about it, so when I tried to open the PDF an error message poped up and I could see nothing in the document.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software