Toolpath faster zooming ?

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Toolpath faster zooming ?

Postby dammogreen » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:42 am

When zooming the toolpath..is there a way to increase the zoom step amount...or draw a zoom window?

Versus just clicking the zoom "+" a lot?

Probably not, but maybe I missed it.
dammogreen

Re: Toolpath faster zooming ?

Postby dammogreen » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:39 am

Thanks again Vmax! I just reconfigured my trackball button as you suggested, much better now!
dammogreen

Postby cncdrive » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:41 am

Mouser roller rotation zooms.
Mouse roller push and keeping it down and moving the mouse pointer up/down on the toolpath viwer also zooms.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Derek » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:58 am

What If I have a track pad? No roller thingy:)
Derek

Postby cncdrive » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:10 pm

Then it depends on the trackpad. I mean if it supports the middle click function or has a middle button then you can do that and then move your finger up/down on the mousepad to zoom in/out.

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/26552/s ... dle-click/

It is also possible to emulate mouse clicks in Windows via the Windows API.
So, a macro or plugin could be written to emulate the middle mouse click with e.g. a keyboard button press.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/241 ... click-in-c
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby dammogreen » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:22 am

SInce i just had to set up another trackball and could not remember how i got it to zoom the toolpath....For a Logitech trackball set the #3 button (not the left click to act as the "Middle Button"....

Device Manager>right click the trackball (mouse)>Mouse settings>"SetPoint Settings" TAB

A new window for the Logitech "Set Point" driver software will pop up.
Select the #3 Button on the list
Select the "other" check circle then "click "SELECT FUNCTION"...choose "MIDDLE BUTTON" click apply and close out the settings window.

You can now zoom in the toolpath by clicking and holding the small left button ..NOT the large left "mouse" button and while moving the trackball up and down.

You will also be able to do the same combo to scroll in other programs. It is misleading...do NOT choose any of the obvious "generic scroll" or "Auto scroll" options...they wont work with UCCNC to zoom.
dammogreen

Postby cncdrive » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:17 pm

Zooming works in 2 ways in the UCCNC,i f you have a 2 button plus middle rotary wheel then moving the pointer on the toolpath view and:
1.) Rotating the rotary wheel zooms the toolpath.
2.) Pressing the rotary wheel down and keeping it down and moving the mouse pointer up/down zoomes the toolpath.

Trackballs are usually more complex than simple mouses, so thanks for sharing the info about the Logitech trackball.
Maybe you can also post the type of the trackball, so others will know what works. :)
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby dammogreen » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:12 pm

Mine is a Logitech Trackman Marble , it has no scroll wheel , so the button "3" can be configured to let the ball do the scrolling as I described above.

The Logitech software to configure it is downloadable here: https://support.logitech.com/en_us/prod ... /downloads
dammogreen

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software